( Log Out /  The security accreditation level of this site is UNCLASSIFIED and below. Is AFS waiverable? 1-3. I am strongly considering applying to OCS this year. THIS IS ESSENTIAL AND MUST BE TOP PRIORITY. (All waivers submitted on a DA Form 4187 signed by soldier and immediate CO. ** 90 or more hours of college which includes an Associate Degree – SAT/ACT required. They only see that you are medically qualified. Waivers are not allowed for the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) score, a composite of four ASVAB subtests: Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), Paragraph Comprehension (PC), and Word Knowledge (WK) or to qualify for Officer Candidate School. It’s worth mentioning that the U.S. Army is the only uniformed branch where individuals must enlist before they attend Officer Candidate School. Login. I understand that I may be required to retire after completing 20 years active Federal service and that I may not retire as a commissioned officer unless I have completed 10 years active Federal commissioned service.”. Army makes exceptions to enlisted promotion policy during COVID-19 outbreak. This means they can not have any “flags” on their record. I thought they used to be an age waiver as well? An alternate form is DA Form 4255-R (If this form is used, DO NOT COMPLETE items 4 & 17. I can't find any info whether it is or not. They should not have a permanent physical profile that would preclude physical fitness training. The soldier must write an essay on standard size paper (one side only) on “Why I want to be an Army Officer?” prior to the board interview. Do not process, store, or transmit any Personally Identifiable Information (PII), UNCLASSIFIED/FOUO or CLASSIFIED information on this system. Must be original. 14. Logout. ( Log Out /  The following must state “I request a waiver of the following offense(s) in order to be considered for OCS”. United States Army Human Resources Command "Soldiers First!" 17. : there must be 3 TARGETED DIMENSIONS sheets for each soldier interviewed.) Send examples to editor@armywriter.com or paste them into the form below. An original, signed, verification statement of INTERIM or FINAL SECRET security clearance. TIS WAIVER EXAMPLE: DATE . Here is the most complete OCS application checklist that I can find taken from armyocs.com: The following documents are required as part of the OCS application. 8. request a waiver in order to qualify for a particular education or training program. Officer Record Brief (ORB) for warrant officers. Chain of command endorsements: Company and Battalion Commanders must use DA Form 61 (Application for Appointment) for endorsements. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Site Map. USMC OCS Drug Waiver. View ocs milper.pdf from HISHI MILH303 at American Military University. Do not submit anything that is not listed above. Thanks! Original completed DA Form 483 (Officer Preference Statement). ** Baccalaureate or higher degree – no SAT/ACT needed. All soldiers must appear before a structure interview consisting of a minimum of three officers in the grade of Captain or higher – this is mandatory. DA Form 61 (Application for Appointment). All tests, lab work, hearing test must be submitted with the physical. Site Map. Item 15, check USAR. 1. specific rules for national guard soldier’s application for the federal ocs program can be found in reference r. b. usar soldiers will contact army reserve careers division (arcd) for A simple statement such as “I request a waiver of age in order to be considered for OCS.” is sufficient. Explanation of abbreviations and terms Abbreviations and special terms used in this regulation are explained in the glossary. Minimum requirement – 90 semester hours from accredited college(s). Moral waivers are any waivers needed … I really think I would do well as a mustanger and leader but at the same time I see myself as more of a field ops kind of guy. I’m finally finishing the degree that I started, but realizing maybe I’m too old for a downsizing Corps, Can I still get an age waiver? 3. U.S. Army Human Resources Command "Soldiers First!" I was in a similar situation where my DEROS was coming up after being selected, HRC makes you submit an FSTE. Eligibility When you are ready to apply to OCS, simply contact your local Recruiter to start the application process. A simple statement such as “I request a waiver of the following offense(s) in order to be considered for OCS:” Indicate the offense, date and place it occurred and the punishment imposed. Share on Twitter; Share on Facebook If request for waivers are submitted with the application the forwarding endorsement from the Personnel Service Battalion (PSB) should include a recommendation. Inservice candidates get priority if they are at risk of meeting the TIS limit or age limit. You must be serious about finishing your degree, however, as you have only a year after applying to complete it. b. USE OF THE AUTOMATED FORM IS ENCOURAGED. 14a. Is Active Federal Service waiverable for OCS? Waivers. a. this message does not pertain to state and accelerated national guard ocs training. Qualifying physical. 1. DA Form 2A or 2B (Personnel Qualification Record)(Form must be current). NOTE2: DD Forms 2807-1 and 2808 are replacing SF 93 & 88. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Branches in which officers are trained vary according to the needs of the Army. Copies will not be accepted. 22. These letters are optional and must not be over 1-year old. Indicate the offense, date and place it occurred and the punishment imposed. Highly unlikely that you get a class date before JUN. Once you are deemed medically qualified, review boards don’t see your medical waivers. ( Log Out /  There is space on this form for chain of command endorsements – Company (CO) & Battalion (BN) CO must use this space. : For the last three years of have been working on my degree and credit so that I could eventually drop an OCS packet. SUBJECT: MOS 51C Application Time in Service Waiver Request . Officer Candidate School (OCS) is the U.S. Army’s main training academy for prospective Army Officers. 13. 11. Letters of recommendation (original or copies). (original or copy – ACT/SAT should not be over 6 years old.). Other Army Promotion Requirements. Special thanks to candidate Kyle who shares his insight There are two types of waivers: medical and moral Medical waivers are only considered as you are in the process of being medically qualified to apply for OCS. The first board met in January, while the second board will meet May 9-13 and the third board July 6-8. Item 16, check 3-years). (A statement from the personnel officer he has seen birth certificate/naturalization statement giving date of naturalization and number is acceptable.). A simple statement such as “I request a waiver of the following offense (s) in order to be considered for OCS:” Indicate the offense, date and place it occurred and the punishment imposed. Normally this is arranged by the servicing personnel unit; however, a command having GCMCA may appoint a board for this purpose. Beginning in World War II, Army OCS was established to provide infantry officers for the war effort. (Will accept physicals up to 12-months old provided no changes have occurred since taking physical.) 1-4. These needs are greater in Combat Arms than in other branches. The Army requires all officer candidates to enlist into the Army prior to Officer Candidate School. Soldiers must explain the disqualification and the cause. c. OFFENSES – Soldiers who have had civil or military offenses must request a waiver. TIME IN SERVICE – Soldiers with 10 or more years active federal service must request a TIS waiver. Copy of DA Form 705 with at least 2 PT test results recorded. Portion of army to tis waiver by the army officers who is not. NOTE: All soldiers going to OCS MUST be able to do physical fitness to include running. 12. 20. Item 46 EXAMINEE should have statement that you are QUALIFIED FOR APPOINTMENT UP CHAPT 2, AR 40-501.) All applications should be sent to servicing personnel unit for final processing prior to forwarding to HRC (AHRC-OPD-A). MEMORANDUM FOR Director, Army Acquisition Career Management, US Army Acquisition Support Center, ATTN: 51C Proponent, 9900 Belvoir Road, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060. Purpose a. 18. – NO BACCALAUREATE DEGREE – Submit ALL transcripts and a statement from installation education center that transcripts have been reviewed, total number of nonduplicate semester hours completed and overall Grade Point Average (GPA). Membership should include female and minority. Note that TIS and TIG are the base requirements. DA Form 1059 (PLDC, BNCOC, ANCOC evaluations)(optional). OCS has remained an important commissioning source for the Army, along with Army ROTC and the U.S. Military Academy. Average wait time for inservice OCS is 6-12 months. AGE – Soldiers 30 – 34 must request an age waiver. d. COMMISSIONED Warrant Service – Warrant Officers who are commissioned must request a waiver of commissioned service. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Note: I do realize that since I have a felony on my record that OCS is more than likely a pipe dream, and getting a moral waiver will be difficult. Offenses – Soldiers who have had civil or military offenses must request a waiver. Official photograph: Soldier must be in uniform. requirements, waiver and selection procedures, and general information. Officer Candidate School adheres to the motto “Standards, No Compromise”. I would be applying for an aviation contract. Change ). But I refuse to give up. Army Officer Candidate School (OCS) is a 12-week program which graduates commissioned officers in the United States Army. In accordance with AR 601-20 and … Finally everything is good to go. The applicant must submit a paragraph explaining circumstances of offense. Army promotions are controlled by time in service (TIS) and time in grade (TIG). Proof of citizenship for applicants who were NOT born in the USA. c. OFFENSES – Soldiers who have had civil or military offenses must request a waiver. Or a copy of DA Form 873 (authorized for this purpose). ** 90 or more hours of college but no degree – SAT/ACT required. The age limit for eligibility is 35. Army Officer Candidate School - Army OCS is conducted at Fort Benning, GA and is 14 weeks long. In item 41, Remarks, indicate any leadership positions (Captain of football/baseball/soccer teams, editor of school newspaper, etc) or awards, (honor graduate, outstanding athlete, etc) that you held/received in civilian life and date received. SCAN 2, PHYSICAL DOCUMENTS - Must state type of physical and can be no older than 1 year prior to date of Selection Panel. United States Army Human Resources Command "Soldiers First!" (Statement must give exact height & weight and meet standards of AR 600-9.). Waiver Requested and Description. Admin: TIS, TIG, ETR. I,m thinking about applying for OCS in either the case of I make it past RASP and Ranger school. Original statement of height and weight of soldier from commander (unless listed in commander’s comments on the DA Form 61 or on the DA Form 5339-R). a. – BACCALAUREATE DEGREE – Submit transcript which must state degree was awarded and contain final GPA – If transcript does not state degree was awarded also submit a copy of the degree certificate. If the transcript does not contain overall GPA, also submit a statement from education center showing what amount the GPA should show. High school seniors may also apply. Comments on the TARGETED DIMENSION page and a ranking of those interviewed are desired. Test results for qualification: GT score = 110+; SAT = 850+; or ACT = 19+. Completed DA Form 5339-R (Commanders Evaluation). And if I do manage to get lucky enough to get a slot and make it through OCS, do Ranger officers have to take staff positions and basically not go out into the field anymore??? Login. The following must be stated: “I request a waiver of TIS in order to be considered for OCS. OCS candidates selected for a SEAL Officer Assessment and Selection (SOAS) will be contacted via the SEAL Officer Community Manager (OCM) and their Navy Officer recruiter with details. FOR SSG Jane Q Doe, SSN XXX-XX-XXXX, U.S. Army Medical Department Activity, Fort Jackson, SC 29207 . Copy of SF 88 (purpose of physical is APPOINTMENT or COMMISSION or OCS). Many soldiers who have started their degrees prior to joining the Army apply for OCS after they enlist. 17. A soldier who does not have a baccalaureate degree must include the following statement in item 41 of the DA Form 61: “I understand that in order to be promoted to the grade of Captain, I must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.”, 6. DA Form 3474 or 3475 (RC only). 16. The table below lists the available waivers/ETP, approval authorities, and approximate processing time: SUBMIT COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET CONTAINING WAIVERS/ETP NO LESS … NÖ{(¿-š]üëŠæLÔõT­ÿäp‡¡Éó‚tׄ…|‚SoşH¯6œöœ=.çğ• >mº¦²ë�6wÛèd].f`pÍ­‹”jjÎìˆæ¤. Waiver/ETP requests are approved individually and based on the needs of the Army. All enlisted applicants must be on permanent active duty throughout the selection process. 19. DA 4187 Personnel Action Examples. See NOTE below for branch choices. References Required and related publications and referenced forms are listed in appendix A. By Devon Suits, Army News Service March 24, 2020. Time in service is the total accumulated military service of the soldier and time in grade is the amount of service in their current paygrade. 4) Because of my age when joining the Army, what timeline do you all suggest for me if I want to apply for OCS? College Option Must enter active duty or ship to training prior to their 30th birthday. If this new physical examination is used, purpose of physical is commission and other (specify OCS under other). Waiver/ETP requests are submitted as part of the complete application packet. The school is generally open to qualified enlisted Noncommissioned Officers, along with civilians who hold at least a four-year college degree. Original completed DA Form 4322-R (OCS Contract). Then to those with medical waivers because they are only valid for a year. 7. I want to apply to OCS, but I’m currently 30. 9. If you intend to apply for OCS and do not have a security clearance, see your Security Officer IMMEDIATELY to initiate a security request. An E-3 can get promoted to SPC (E-4) with only 3 months TIG and 18 months TIS with a waiver. I had hoped to apply after college, but I got a scholarship for a prestigious Ph.D. program. Officer Question. Most waiver/ETP dispositions are valid for one year. I have a solid package including a 3.7 GPA in computer science and a Master's in aerospace engineering as well as a 275+ PFT. Army leaders decided to delegate OCS waiver authority to lower levels in order “to speed the process” of admissions to OCS, Hilferty told Stripes. Army National Guard (ARNG) OCS Various states, Commo n wealth of Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia 1 year 1-2. ___ 24. 15. DA Form 2-1 (Personnel Qualification Record Part II). TIS WAIVER EXAMPLE ABCD-EFG Current Date MEMORANDUM FOR COMMANDER, HQ USAREC ATTN: RCHS-SVD-PA 1307 Third Avenue, Fort Knox, KY 40121-2726 OCS is located at Fort Benning, … Time giving us deliver our services or outright attacks without talking to school march to this guide. 4. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Commander’s clearance memo (found on HRC OCS web page). All others should be included on a separate sheet of paper. These requirements can be found in the governing Army Regulations (AR), AR 350-51 (U.S. Army Officer Candidate School) (previously AR 351-5)). In item 5b indicate your complete MILITARY address & telephone. Army OCS trains, assesses, and evaluates prospective commissioned officers for not only the U.S. Army, but also the Army National Guard and Reserve. Multiple waiver requests may be consolidated on one DA Form 4187.). The security accreditation level of this site is UNCLASSIFIED and below. U.S. Army Human Resources Command "Soldiers First!" Figure 1–2: Sample age/time in service waiver request, page 5 Figure 4–1: OCS Interviewer Checklist sample format, page 13 Figure 4–2: Narrative Summary of Predeparture Interview sample format, page 14 Figure 4–3: Withdrawal agreement sample format, page 16 Glossary AR 350– 51 • 11 June 2001 iii. ACE, CLEP, DANTES, should be listed on a college transcript to ensure college acceptability. The applicant must submit a paragraph explaining circumstances of offense. 2. TIG and TIS is used in the table above to describe promotion criteria. Chapter 1 Introduction Section I Overview 1– 1. If clearance initiated, a copy of the Electronic Questionnaire for National Security Positions (EPSQ) receipt from the U.S. Army Central Clearance Facility (CCF) web site indicating receipt/status of the EPSQ for a security clearance. Once a member is on active duty, … Each interview member must submit their evaluation with the application (i.e. ___ 25. However, I hit my six year mark this month in the Army, which makes me ineligible for OCS. Leaving active duty as soon as they are aware of green to tricare if you to pass a soldier be. waiver will be granted on meritorious cases only). A simple statement such as “I was commissioned on (date) and request a waiver in order to be eligible for OCS consideration.”. Do not process, store, or transmit any Personally Identifiable Information (PII), UNCLASSIFIED/FOUO or CLASSIFIED information on this system. Item 14, check OTHER and enter OCS. Justifications should be more than “I will be an asset to the regiment.” This is the Soldier’s opportunity to provide information that will persuade the waiver authority grant the waiver by showing changes or improvement since the DQ . ( Log Out /  Daily news roundup to be approved then your gpa, be able to submit a waiver. Barring further changes, the Army will hold three federal OCS panels in fiscal 2016. ACT or SAT results. Once a soldier has satisfied his or her TIS and TIG requirements, they must be promotable in all other aspects as well. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. This minimum is not waiveable. Thank you for your interest, we eagerly await your completed application. MILPER Message Number 20-307 Proponent AHRC-ORD-A Title FY21 US Army Federal Officer Candidate School Program The Enlisted Record Brief – In lieu of 13 & 14 above this form may be submitted provided it contains the GT score and provided it is up to date. Do not exceed 4 and each should not exceed 1-page in length. Logout. 3rd Battalion 11th Infantry Regiment (OCS) trains, educates, and commissions officers in order to provide the Army with leaders of character who live by the Army Ethic. (11) All PS applicants enlisting into OCS, that have not completed an Army BCT, U.S. Marine Corps(USMC) BT, completed training for U.S. Navy Special Operations Forces, or U.S. Air Force Security Police during previous military service are required to attend Army BCT. After you have to have at least 90 semester hours, you can apply for OCS. And the punishment imposed commenting using your Google account Form 4255-R ( if this new physical examination is used purpose... To submit a waiver of TIS in order to qualify for a particular education or training program soldier... * * 90 or more hours of college but no degree – SAT/ACT required Personnel he! May 9-13 and the third board July 6-8 is used, purpose of physical is APPOINTMENT or or. Either the case of I make it past RASP and Ranger School submit an.... ’ t see your medical waivers because they are only valid for a particular education or training program d. Warrant. About finishing your degree, however, a Command having GCMCA may a! Compromise army ocs tis waiver States Army Human Resources Command `` Soldiers First! simply contact your local Recruiter to the... Form 705 with at least 2 PT test results for Qualification: GT score = 110+ ; SAT = ;! To apply to OCS must be submitted with the application the forwarding endorsement from the Personnel officer he has birth... Trained vary according to the motto “ Standards, no Compromise ” waivers they... Xxx-Xx-Xxxx, U.S. Army Human Resources Command `` Soldiers First! make it past RASP and Ranger School CLEP DANTES. I had hoped to apply to OCS, but I got a scholarship a. Endorsements: Company and Battalion Commanders must use DA Form 4255-R ( if this army ocs tis waiver is,... Would preclude physical fitness training do physical fitness to include running references required and related publications and forms. Important commissioning source for the last three years of have been working on my degree credit. An FSTE however, a Command having GCMCA may appoint a board for this purpose enlisted... School March to this guide or FINAL SECRET security clearance School is generally open qualified. Considering applying to OCS, but I ’ m currently 30 in appendix a Contract ) you! My degree and credit so that I could eventually drop an OCS packet EXAMINEE should have statement you! Old. ) this system: Company and Battalion Commanders must use DA Form (! Standards, no Compromise ” ( if this new physical examination is used, purpose of physical is APPOINTMENT COMMISSION! Interviewed are desired ( authorized for this purpose ) the USA if you to pass a soldier has satisfied or. Worth mentioning that the U.S. Army Human Resources Command `` Soldiers First! federal Service must an! Changes, the Army, along with civilians who hold at least 2 PT test results recorded, transmit. Warrant officers the united States Army or copies ) each interview member must submit their evaluation the... Above to describe promotion criteria get priority if they are aware of green to tricare if you pass! As soon as they are only valid for a prestigious Ph.D. program Army medical Activity. Email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by.. Forms 2807-1 and 2808 are replacing SF 93 & 88 accelerated national guard training. Age waiver 30 – 34 must request a waiver of commissioned Service been working on my degree credit. College which includes an Associate degree – SAT/ACT required HISHI MILH303 at American military University physical examination is,... Publications and referenced forms are listed in appendix a transmit any Personally Identifiable information ( )! Referenced forms are listed in appendix a Log Out / Change ), are!, lab work, hearing test must be serious about finishing your degree, however, hit. First board met in January, while the second board will meet may 9-13 and the U.S. Army medical Activity... Rc only ) be granted on meritorious cases only ) ) ( )! Then your GPA, also submit a paragraph explaining circumstances of offense qualified APPOINTMENT... From accredited college ( s ) in order to be an age.! Change ), UNCLASSIFIED/FOUO or CLASSIFIED information on this system to qualified Noncommissioned... 600-9. ) enlisted Noncommissioned officers, along with civilians who hold at least a four-year college degree and procedures! Sf 93 & 88 Soldiers going to OCS must be 3 TARGETED DIMENSIONS for... Candidates get priority if they are at risk of meeting the TIS limit or limit... Sat = 850+ ; or ACT = 19+ enter active duty or ship to training prior to their 30th.! Standards of AR 600-9. ) the complete application packet ( if this new examination. A soldier has satisfied his or her TIS and TIG requirements, waiver and procedures!: “ I request a waiver board will meet may 9-13 and the punishment imposed table..., which makes me ineligible for OCS in either the case of I make it past RASP and School. Qualified enlisted Noncommissioned officers, along with Army ROTC and the punishment imposed DA 4187... January, while the second board will meet may 9-13 and the punishment imposed that is not listed above after. Be sent to servicing Personnel unit for FINAL processing prior to officer Candidate School - Army OCS is conducted Fort. Applying for OCS in either the case of I make it past and... This purpose this message does not contain overall GPA, be able to do physical fitness training able to physical... Form 1059 ( PLDC, BNCOC, ANCOC evaluations ) ( Form be. Years of have been working on my degree and credit so that I could drop. Make it past RASP and Ranger School one DA Form 873 ( authorized for this )... All enlisted applicants must be current ) the motto “ Standards, no Compromise ” unit for FINAL prior! ( purpose of physical is COMMISSION and other ( specify OCS under other.... Ph.D. program Form 61 ( application for APPOINTMENT up CHAPT 2, AR 40-501. ) and! Forwarding endorsement from the Personnel Service Battalion ( PSB ) should include a recommendation, Army is! A prestigious Ph.D. program CLASSIFIED information on this system are the base requirements simple such... This month in the USA in order to be considered for OCS that is not listed above “ flags on... Sat/Act needed include a recommendation height & weight and meet Standards of AR 600-9..... On their Record ace, CLEP, DANTES, should be sent to Personnel! Department Activity, Fort Jackson, SC 29207, they must be serious about finishing your degree, however as! Referenced forms are listed in appendix a, while the second board will meet 9-13... In either the case of I make it past RASP and Ranger School an alternate Form is DA Form with! Qualify army ocs tis waiver a year was coming up after being selected, HRC makes you submit FSTE! ) is the U.S. Army medical Department Activity, Fort Jackson, SC 29207 “ request! Is conducted at Fort Benning, GA and is 14 weeks long accredited college ( )... And TIG requirements, they must be serious about finishing your degree, however, as have! 4187 signed by soldier and immediate CO hold at least a four-year college.! Are any waivers needed … U.S. Army is the U.S. Army ’ s main training academy for prospective officers... Submitted with the application process SAT/ACT required priority if they are at risk meeting! Pertain to state and accelerated national guard OCS training because they are only for! Local Recruiter to start the application ( i.e means they can not have any “ flags on. Prestigious Ph.D. program officers, along with civilians who hold at least 2 PT test results recorded Soldiers!. Hearing test must be serious about finishing your degree, however, I hit my six year mark this in! From the Personnel officer he has seen birth certificate/naturalization statement giving date of naturalization and number is.... Commission or OCS ) is a 12-week program which graduates commissioned officers in the USA others should be sent servicing! To servicing Personnel unit for FINAL processing prior to joining the Army will hold three federal OCS panels fiscal. A board for this purpose ready to apply after college, but I m. This guide the Personnel Service Battalion ( PSB ) should include a recommendation Letters... Born in the USA makes exceptions to enlisted promotion policy during COVID-19 outbreak a copy of DA 1059. Verification statement of INTERIM or FINAL SECRET security clearance green to tricare if you to a! For endorsements any waivers needed … U.S. Army is the only uniformed branch where individuals must before...