Otherwise, you can eat the pudding cold straight from the fridge. She has been eating a plant-based diet for over 24 years along with a B.S. berries - I love making this recipe with any fresh or frozen berries. If you’re on a time-crunch, you can enjoy the pudding with almost the same consistency as an overnight soak after only 1-2 hrs. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m up to. Mix well. 2. cardamom - this recipe uses ground cardamom. in Biology & Environmental Science. It is also delicious with pineapple, mango, other fruit, and even a combination of your favorite fruit. ways to sweeten oatmeal without added sugars, Or any other fruit you’d like as a topping. To prepare the chia pudding, add coconut milk, almond milk, natural sweetener, salt, vanilla extract and chia seeds into a bowl and whisk together. If you don’t like coconut milk, no problem! I’m a plant-based diet expert with over 24 years of experience living a vegetarian and vegan lifestyle. At a minimum, let the chia pudding sit for 1-2 hrs before eating. Simple Nut Mylk - Unsweetened & Chocolate. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Chia seeds don’t have a flavor on their own which makes this pudding a great base recipe. Check out this dragon fruit chia pudding smoothie that’s a favorite. If you don’t like coconut milk, you can use any non-dairy milk that you like. Required fields are marked *. Place the coconut milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt into a bowl. While most puddings Americans are used to are cold, there are some hot puddings. Chia pudding can be eaten both hot and cold, depending on the season and your preference. Not enough milk and the chia seeds will absorb it all and your pudding will be a thick crunchy gel. The best part is that you can customize it and make it as sweet as you like. This blog is a place for you to learn what foods feel good to you. https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/banana-coconut-chia-pudding No pudding, just milky. It’s similar to the texture of thick tapioca pudding. Nutrition information isn't always accurate and is for estimation purposes only. It lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator. 1 cup carton coconut milk, or other dairy-free milk, Sliced blueberries or strawberries, optional garnish. Chia Pudding Coconut Milk Ratio. Instructions Put coconut milk, vanilla, sweetener, and cinnamon into a dish that you can easily cover and mix very well. I’m now raising my own vegan family and helping others do the same. Welcome, I’m Stephanie! Instead of coconut milk, use almond milk, soy milk, or even oat milk. Using calorie-free sweeteners like monk fruit sweetener is a good way to keep calories under control. Chia seeds contain 137 calories per oz (2 Tbsp), 4.4g of protein, and 10.6 g of dietary fiber. Top with shredded coconut, blueberries, or other toppings. And get a 6-part email series from dinner to dessert so you can be successful, healthy, and confident in the kitchen. The chia seeds absorb the liquid and become gelatinous. It requires only 5 minutes of prep time in which you make enough chia pudding for the entire … For additional ideas, check out this post on ways to sweeten oatmeal without added sugars. This coconut milk chia pudding can be made with almost any fruit! This keto chocolate chia pudding with coconut milk is like the low carb version of overnight oats. Too much milk and the pudding will turn out runny. Chia pudding is the perfect dessert for reprehensionless indulgence. Coconut milk – Coconut chia pudding is my favorite, however, you can also use any other milk. The next morning, put half of the chia pudding into a bowl. Put the lid on the blender and pulse until everything is combined. Mix up the pudding flavor by adding cocoa, protein powder, and other spices. We buy the coconut milk during our weekly run to Whole Foods and order the chia seeds on Amazon. Transfer the chia mixture to an airtight jar and place it in the fridge overnight. Some examples are almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, etc. It does require some wait time before consumption though. 4 Ingredient Mango Chia Pudding (Almond Milk or Coconut Milk) Your email address will not be published. Stephanie is the founder of Plant Prosperous, a plant-based vegan living, and parenting blog. I pre-portion my finished pudding into individual ramekins or mini mason jars to have on hand throughout the week. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This coconut milk chia pudding can be made with any fruit! This is a common question I’m asked regarding chia pudding. My preference is to use coconut milk, but you can use any plant-based milk. Citrus Salmon with Fennel, Citrus, & Mint Slaw, Plant Based Caviar aka Pickled Mustard Seeds, Earl Grey Hot Chocolate with Lavender Whipped Cream, 3-Ingredient Pastry Flowers - Brunch & Tea. Top with your favorite fruits or healthy additives. Let’s make food that feels good! For a smoother mousse, blend the chia pudding in a high-speed blender until completely smooth. You can add different spices, sweeteners, and toppings to create completely new flavors of chia pudding. A 6-part email series from dinner to dessert so you can be successful, healthy, and confident in the kitchen. Add 2 tbsp of chia seeds and 1/2 cup of nut milk to two different cups. Easy Keto Chia Pudding Recipe ingredients. It is a delicious sweet snack or make-ahead breakfast! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If it is too dry, add more non-animal milk. Put the coconut milk, almond milk, cream, stevia/erythritol blend, chia seeds, lemon juice, and lemon zest into a blender. The required ingredients for this vegan chia seed pudding are: The ratio of chia seeds to coconut milk is important. Creamy Coconut Chia Pudding – This luscious coconut chia pudding recipe makes the PERFECT healthy meal prep breakfast! The seeds will not break down completely in the food processor. Chia seeds are supposed to be chewed. Let sit for 5 minutes then stir the mixture again to get out any clumps that formed. Stir in the morning. If you can't find them, you can get them on. I attempted to do the chia seed pudding. I use maple syrup or coconut sugar to keep it refined sugar free. (Here’s a link to all of my BREAKFAST recipes). The ideal ratio of chia seeds to coconut milk is 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) of chia seeds per 1 cup of coconut milk. Although it is healthier than regular pudding, it still has a lot of sugar. You will love this chia pudding made with coconut milk and coconut sugar. PBJ Coconut Milk Chia Pudding. I prefer canned or homemade … I love hearing from you! Then top with apples before eating. You can also use honey, but the recipe will no longer be vegan. Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes, giving it a stir every 2-3 minutes. Please read the full disclosure policy for more info. Refrigerate overnight. Made with chia seeds, coconut milk, pure vanilla extract, … Chia Pudding Coconut Milk. This will give you an ideal chia pudding texture that is gelled but not too firm or runny. What is Oat Milk and Why Should I Drink it? Coconut milk (or cream) is one of the two main ingredients. Better safe than sorry, always soak your chia seeds in liquid and chew lots. I love having breakfast on hand for busy week mornings. Cover the cups with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before enjoying. Add the blender contents to the chia seeds and stir well. However, some stores keep them with the dry goods like almond flour. Add the chia seeds to a medium-large bowl. mason jars. The prep time for chia seed pudding can be done in less than 5 minutes. The ratio of chia seeds to coconut milk is important. coconut milk. Chia seed pudding is made by soaking chia seeds in liquids like milk or nut milk or juice for at least 2 hours or overnight. hand frother. Coconut milk makes this chia pudding recipe very creamy and adds a slight sweetness and also the wonderful coconut taste! Overnight will give it the most pudding-like consistency. Not enough milk and the chia seeds will absorb it all and your pudding will be a thick crunchy gel. Jaz. I love starting my day with a healthy and wholesome breakfast so this coconut chia pudding is perfect along with my chocolate banana overnight oats, green smoothie or smoothie bowl. Top with mangoes, coconut flakes and roasted almonds. This overnight chia pudding recipe only has 4 required ingredients and a few optional ingredients for toppings. Place the jar into the fridge for a minimum of 1-2 hours but ideally overnight. sweetener - my preference is to use maple syrup or agave nectar in this recipe. For a thick and creamy overnight pudding, follow the recipe below. Once the chia seeds have swelled up after 2 hours or more, add fruits and nuts … Plus, is made with coconut milk and PACKED with protein. Learn more about me HERE. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This post may contain affiliate links. Yield: 2. https://www.allrecipes.com/.../chia-coconut-pudding-with-coconut-milk This Coconut Milk Chia Pudding is vegan and gluten-free with no added sugars. Total Time: 10 minutes. When ready to serve the pudding, if it's not already divided into single-serve containers, portion out 4 … Change flavorings, sweeteners, and toppings for a completely different flavor profile. The chia pudding will take on the flavor of the other ingredients that you add. A base recipe that's easy to customize for a healthy snack or vegan breakfast option. For the fall, you can do almond milk with cinnamon, cloves, and maple syrup. Top with your favorite seasonal fruits and nuts and enjoy it. Of course, you can use black chia seeds, but I think the white looks so much better in this coconut milk pudding. When eating chia seeds, it’s best to soak them in liquid for at least an hour or blend them completely into a smoothie. Or for extra protein, mix in a scoop of your favorite protein powder. Since chia seeds can absorb liquid at 10 times their dry weight, they can be potentially dangerous if consumed dry. Any milk substitute will do. After you’ve made your pudding using the 4:1 ration, you can adjust it firmer or thiner next time by adjusting the amount of coconut milk added. Cardamom Krumkake with Mascarpone Filling, Useful Kitchen Tools I Use All Year Round. Blend the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Here is what you’ll need to make overnight chia pudding: chia seeds. If you want a truly smooth pudding, place it in a high-speed blender to mix. While chia seeds are calorie-dense, they’re high in fiber which can help keep you full, which prevents overeating. Miniature superfood dressed into a dessert form to please us all. Here are some chia pudding topping ideas: Really the ideas are endless and are whatever you and your palette are craving. After chia has been sitting for an hour or two, it becomes gelatinous. 6 Healthy & Plant-Centered Trends for 2020, Meal Plans, & So Much More! Also known as a 4:1 ratio of coconut milk to chia seeds. Coconut chia pudding is good for you, yet its rich texture gives it the indulgent “dessert for breakfast” vibe that I associate with vacation. Also place 1 can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Place the coconut milk into a bowl followed by chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. PBJ Coconut Milk Chia Pudding. When the chia seeds are mixed with the plant milk they expand and develop a gel-like consistency that has the thickness of a “pudding”. Too much milk and the pudding will turn out runny. Even after the chia has been sitting overnight, you will still feel some slight texture from the seeds. So if you watch your portion sizes and avoid high-calorie toppings, eating this chia pudding can assist you in eating fewer calories. Also known as a 4:1 ratio of coconut milk to chia seeds. And here are some recipes I think you'll love. You can read more about her here. I started Proportional Plate because I want people to stop feeling guilty about their food choices. https://www.kitchentreaty.com/thick-creamy-chocolate-coconut-chia-pudding If you are making this with other fruit like pineapple or mango, try using some orange or lemon zest. This will make the chia pudding into a chia mousse. Plus, is made with coconut milk and PACKED with protein. ★ Did you make this recipe? This recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed. In less than 5 minutes of prep time, you can have delicious vegan chia seed pudding in your fridge all week. Your favorite childhood sandwich combo just got a makeover! Basically anything you’d put on top of oatmeal would be ideal for chia pudding as well. Before eating, portion the chia pudding into smaller jars and top with your favorite toppings. Make sure all the coconut lumps get broken up and the liquid is … Some of my favorites are chocolate, berry, and even pumpkin spice chia pudding. In a medium bowl, combine chia seeds, coconut milk, almond … As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If it is too wet, add chia seeds. If you ate half of this overnight chia pudding recipe for breakfast every day, you’d be eating the equivalent of 2 Tbsp of chia seeds plus the calories from the milk, sweetener, and toppings. Will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. 3. It can be … Works for chia pudding too! Tasty and low carb! Even kids love it. Put coconut milk, chia seed cinnamon, all in a mason jar overnight and this morning it looked the same. Vegan chia seed pudding made with coconut milk, peanut powder, raspberries, and chia seeds. Required fields are marked *. I like to sweeten the pudding also with a natural sweetener like agave nectar or maple syrup, which enhances the taste without being sickly or overpowering. While this seems outlandish, a chia seed blockage landed someone in the emergency room. Pour coconut milk into a bowl and sweeten with Stevia to taste. First step – grab your ingredients. You just need coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla and a little sweetener for a thick, creamy treat. 2021 Vision Boards - Virtual Parties and More! Add the chia seeds to a medium-large bowl. If you can't find them, you can get them on Amazon! This is a base recipe that all of the ingredients, except for the chia, can be substituted to suit your needs. It’s a place to experiment, discover, and have fun. Coconut Milk Mango Chia Pudding. Place in the fridge and let sit for 20 minutes or … Place the cups in the fridge overnight to allow the chia pudding to form. Whipped cream & nutmeg. Will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator. CHIA PUDDING 1 1/2cupsdairy-free milk (we used DIY coconut – use creamier milks for creamier, thicker pudding, such as full fat coconut and cashew) 1/2cupchia seeds 1-2Tbspmaple syrup (more or less to … Usually added into this pudding mixture is a sweetener of some sort such as honey, coconut sugar, or maple syrup, and other ingredients like spices, fruit, coconut, and vanilla. If you’re eating it for breakfast during the winter, warming it up as you would oatmeal is ideal.