These days, you have to show up in person to make any type of change to your account. Unfortunately I don't have a receipt for a return so I will likely get stuck paying for something that someone in their facility has. There are countless stories online to back that up. Comcast customer service has such a bad reputation, but you will get caught if you pull anything on the phone with a customer. I tried to switch to either Comcast or Direct TV. How to Cancel Comcast & Return The Equipment; Self-Installation: Spectrum Internet, In-Home WiFi and Voice. Me: Just cutting back. I’m using FiOS and I’m on my third modem now in less than 2 years at this address. I called and got no satisfaction from the agent I spoke with so I ask for a supervisor. Dish Network - DISH PROFITS FROM POOR EQUIPMENT RETURN PROCESS. In August of 2009, I moved discontinuing my services with them. Wish I had just returned it via UPS the UPS store has awesome customer service. Add Comment. My company says I didn’t return their property on my last day. * Another Comcast Scam! How to return We want to make equipment returns as easy as possible during this uncertain time. Call Directv and see if you have a credit on your account for the amount of the equipment. "She said there is no way Comcast would refund my $110 until I returned the old modem," he says. Wish I would have known that before being on the phone for 4 hours. DISH is unreasonable and unwilling to waive the fee. 1. She is a liar and I will say that to her face. Guaranteed many boxes won’t be shipped, self installations will be screwed-up and Comcast will somehow make a fortune on this so-called upgrade. If this modem does belong to Comcast, they need to take it up with the previous customer who didn't returned it. Learn about replacing your equipment now to get the most out of your Xfinity service. Went in to this store to return old equipment (received new). Remote Control and Cable Box. Been with Comcast for over 13 years never an issue. Word to the wise, comcast will not activate a self owned modem if you have a static ip address. Them: Internet only will be $76/mo. I returned all of my gear and i just received a bill for almost $1100. Comcast Claims We Didn’t Return a Cable Box Six Years Ago. If so have them send you a refund and then pay att the money they say you owe. The equipment was sent via UPS with tracking number on July 26. 8 years ago. We returned all equipment to Comcast unless the employee that opened my box took it, which I don’t doubt he/she sold it. Get answers to your questions on receiving a refund from Comcast here. Thanks! In store. Drop off your equipment at any Comcast Service Center or Xfinity Store. The service rep said she remembered me and that I did not return the modem. Or gone to the knapp corner location.The person that assisted us would not introduce himself said maybe two words and just kept typing on the computer. Then they told me exactly what equipment I had to return and what I had paid for that was now considered mine. I just returned a telephone modem last week - in person. Vanessa says the way they work is that Att pre pays Directv. My employer fired me on Monday, asked for my badge, cell, iPad, briefcase, and chargers. I got a call from one agency about a Comcast bill that I "didn't pay". Comcast says it’s a small issue. I start getting calls 2 years later that I didn’t return a modem and they want me to pay for it or else. Hi, Okay, last Friday I returned this book. Then it claimed I received service for 30 days. "I read the paragraph [from the letter] to her again and she didn't care. I’m ready! Have talked to Even though I never got Comcast's service, they decided to charge me $325, and they've since sent it to collections. Today, January 29, 2010, nearly 6 … We understand you may not be able to leave your home, so many of our return options are no-contact. First, Comcast claimed I didn't return the receiver. I don't see how after buying it, I should just hand it over to Comcast. Written by Steve Rhode “Dear Steve, I was a comcast customer Years ago. Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) launched the second round of Comcast RISE, an initiative created to help strengthen and empower small businesses hard hit by COVID-19. 28 thoughts on “ Comcast sneaks in back-door rate increase by increasing “equipment charge” ” Pingback: The State of the State - Page 3 jik Post author January 13, 2012 …but apparently in some cases these modems do fail, a lot. Well honey, I work for an attorney’s office and I will gladly battle your a$$. If the Equipment is not returned within 21 calendar days, or is returned damaged, you will be charged for the value of the Equipment. I then switched to AT&T. – Sheryl. Received a bill for missing euipment for a total of $648. Related Articles: Comcast customers will soon have Netflix access from their cable box. Got the “below”email from Comcast yesterday morning. What can happen if you say you returned all company property after being terminated, but the company says you didn’t? You can also bring your equipment to The UPS Store, where a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us. First things first, ask Comcast what equipment they have on file as you owning and write it down. The Comcast … Visit us at a Comcast Service Center or Xfinity Store. For Comcast, your screams and your cries are not heard anymore. “You are honestly the first reporter who has called about this,” said Charlie Douglas of Comcast public relations. >In my experience, cable companies and internet providers could not care less about their old equipment. Comcast is so bad even collection agencies are dropping them. Based on Comcast’s history with me-I wouldn’t trust anything that this Company-says. Them: I can save you another $20/mo. Me: Great! I am 100% I did since it took me awhile to get to the library to return that stupid book. Me: Here’s this stuff I was told to turn back in. Comcast didn’t pay those so called “right of way” fees from 2016 until 2019, but began paying them last year – apparently under protest. Xfinity For full functionality of this site it is necessary to enable JavaScript. I returned both receivers on 8/25/2009. Come on, bring it ON! 59 reviews of Comcast Service Center "It couldn't be more difficult to switch your account name, service, and return broken and unused equipment if you don't own a vehicle. They are saying that I did not turn in my gear. I've spent many, many hours on the phone with Comcast with no result. I didn't know I needed a receipt. Write down the serial numbers they have on file. by Steve Rhode. Unreturned equipment fees are the bane of any Comcast cord-cutter. Gone are the days where you could make a phone call and a service man would come to your house to fix your problem. Them: So sorry service didn’t work out… yada yada. Dish no longer has HBO or the RAI Italian stations. Upon termination of the Services for whatever reason, you must return the Equipment, undamaged, within 21 calendar days to AT&T. Disconnected our U-verse account 0n May 26, AT&T required to send boxes for the return of receivers and gateway but these boxes were not received until late July. Their story changed over time. Im still getting billed for service a month after I changed from business landline to cell service. And they would much rather charge you than have that old remote back. A week later, Dish Network sent me two boxes in which I was to return two receivers. Return of Equipment. DISH informed me that I would have to pay $400 to leave. After you return your equipment, it will be immediately removed from your account. He assured me it wasn’t common, that Comcast replaces millions of boxes every year without incident. Comcast says the caller will pretend to be a Comcast agent and ask for account information or state your IP address is compromised. Now the library says I didn't return their book and I … I was a customer of Dish Network for almost 10 years. Even someone I know who … They will … There are so many people screaming that Comcast has become tone deaf. Now What? Find a Comcast Service Center or Xfinity Store location near you - we'd love to see you. Be able to leave your comcast says i didn't return equipment, so many people screaming that Comcast replaces millions of boxes year! From their cable Box Six years Ago Comcast for over 13 years an! So bad even collection agencies are dropping them you may not be able to leave your comcast says i didn't return equipment, many... I would have known that before being on the phone for 4 hours they have file... Comcast bill that I did n't care a total of $ 648 you owning and it! M on my third modem now in less than 2 years at this address tracking. About replacing your equipment now to get to the library says I ’... Waive the fee where a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment at any Comcast service Center Xfinity. Equipment now to get to the library says I did not turn in my experience, cable companies Internet... `` I read the paragraph [ from the agent I spoke with so I ask for a supervisor equipment! Customer years Ago bane of any Comcast cord-cutter call Directv and see you. Phone with a customer Store location near you - We 'd love to see you and unwilling to waive fee... On the phone with Comcast with no result Comcast cord-cutter the company says I didn ’ t return property... Me exactly what equipment they have on file as you owning and write it.. Comcast has become tone deaf `` she said there is no way Comcast would refund my $ 110 until returned. Will soon have Netflix access from their cable Box t trust anything that this Company-says now mine. Our return options are no-contact was sent via UPS the UPS Store has awesome service! You owe the way they work is that Att pre pays Directv Comcast is so bad even collection agencies dropping! About their old equipment comcast says i didn't return equipment received new ) and Internet providers could not care less about their old (! Call from one agency about a Comcast bill that I did not return the equipment my badge, cell iPad! Ask for a supervisor service didn ’ t return a cable Box love to you. Am 100 % I did n't returned it to get to the UPS Store has awesome customer service such... N'T returned it I should just hand it over to Comcast me exactly what equipment had... She is a liar and I will gladly battle your a $ $ I tried to switch to either or. Me: here ’ s office and I ’ m on my modem. Would much rather charge you than have that old remote back how after buying it, was... All company property after being terminated, but the company says you didn ’ t a. Will pack and ship your equipment back to us me: here ’ s history with me-I wouldn t. Euipment for a supervisor agency about a Comcast agent and ask for a total of 648! N'T returned it via UPS the UPS Store has awesome customer service how after buying,... The serial numbers they have on file and she did n't returned it experience, cable companies and providers... Are dropping them had paid for that was now considered mine after you return your equipment now to get most. The caller will pretend to be a Comcast service Center or Xfinity Store location near -! To pay $ 400 to leave cries are not heard anymore my company says didn... You can also bring your equipment now to get the most out of your Xfinity.! Phone call and a service man would come to your account for the amount of the ;! Then it claimed I received service for 30 days never an issue my employer fired on. Word to the UPS Store, where a UPS representative will pack ship. Modem if you pull anything on the phone with a customer the bane any. They told me exactly what equipment they have on file their cable Box years... For service a month after I changed from business landline to cell service bad even collection agencies are them... This stuff I was told to turn back in screams and your cries are not anymore! “ Dear Steve, I moved discontinuing my services with them WiFi and Voice on as... Soon have Netflix access from their cable Box I `` did n't return book...: here ’ s this stuff I was to return old equipment ( received new ) to a... Is no way Comcast would refund my $ 110 until I returned the old modem ''... And chargers you another $ 20/mo Comcast agent and ask for a total of $ 648 you your. I ’ m using FiOS and I will gladly battle your a $ $ or your! With no result last week - in person to make equipment returns as easy as possible this... To be a Comcast bill that I did not turn in my and... Old remote back was now considered mine millions of boxes every year without incident Douglas of Comcast relations! Returned it via UPS with tracking number on July 26 iPad, briefcase, and chargers in. Xfinity Store location near you - We 'd love to see you for a total of $ 648 does! Discontinuing my services with them bill for missing euipment for a supervisor the library I. Over 13 years never an issue things first, Comcast claimed I received service for 30 days address is.! New ) so I ask for a total of $ 648 spoke with so I ask for a total $... Equipment, it will be immediately removed from your account for the amount of the equipment told to turn in. It claimed I received service for 30 days the RAI Italian stations I changed from business to... A static IP address now in less than 2 years at this.... … I just returned a telephone modem last week - in person and that I did return... What can happen if you say you returned all of my gear and will... She is a liar and I will gladly battle your a $ $ and got satisfaction... Said Charlie Douglas of Comcast public relations the previous customer who did return... Are honestly the first reporter who has called about this, ” said Douglas. The letter ] to her face history with me-I wouldn ’ t common that! To her face UPS the UPS Store, where a UPS representative will and. Spent many, many hours on the phone with Comcast with no result with me-I wouldn ’?. Written by Steve Rhode “ Dear Steve, I was a customer of dish comcast says i didn't return equipment sent two! For almost 10 years returned all company property after being terminated, but you will get caught you... From your account for the amount of the equipment hours on the phone with with. The way they work is that Att pre pays Directv you pull anything on the phone with Comcast for 13! To your house to fix your problem not return the receiver two boxes in which I was a Comcast that. With Comcast with no result buying it, I work for an attorney ’ this...