Pay now or later on most rooms; Free cancellation on most hotels Some hotels require you to cancel more than 24 hours before check-in. We have a 10AM flight the next day, so really one evening. The area is served by the Monastiraki station (lines 1 and 3). He travels around with a taxi and has seen most of what is there to see. Athens Ledra Hotel Hi Dave, We checked out your top hotel suggestions in Oia and all have no availability on our travel dates. Cleanliness and attention to detail. Athens Gate is a little closer to the Acropolis Museum and the Acropolis but all have good central locations. Hi Dave – You’ve been so helpful in our trip planning, appreciate it! Looks nice though. Rooms are absolutely clean and comfortable. Check In — / — / — Check Out — / — / — Guests — Search. I almost I feel I KNOW greece. Even if we explore Monastiraki, it will still give us one and a half days to try something else. Properties taking safety measures. The villa is being rented for the first time and will be rented on a weekly basis commencing on January. 3. Any suggestions that I must do during those 2 full days. Booking.com™. Hi Dave, thank you for this wonderful website with so much information on Greece! Required fields are marked *, Newsletter – Get all new and updated articles. 2) Are there any good restaurants close to NJV that you recommended. It kindle ticks all the boxes (rooftop pool, gym, area, peice etc) What are your thoughts? I almost booked the Ava Hotel love the bigger rooms (traveling with my 13 year old son), no pool traveling in August very hot!! Any pain points to be aware of? Thank you for all the information! The cleanest hotel I have ever seen. Where do you go? Also, it is farther out than the other two islands, so it does take a bit of extra time getting to it – and in that case opt for the faster hydrofoils or catamarans, or whatever is on offer at the time. After Athens, Angistri can feel like paradise. Love your website! A view of Plaka neighborhood from the Acropolis. Tharroe is a similar distance from town but not as easy a walk (but closer to good beaches). Easy walk to all attractions in Athens! The hotel is nicely located close to main attractions and street of the city. Would you have other suggestions? 2) If yes, do you suggest any specific day trips – as I am assuming we will finish seeing the Acropolis and Plaka area in one day. The hotel is clean, beautiful, in a central location, the staff was charming. Best Athens Hotels on Tripadvisor: Find 34 078 traveller reviews, 23,066 candid photos, and prices for hotels in Athens, Greece. I am planning 3 days in Athens and 4 days at Santorini. Near many restaurants and shops, with major museums, Plaka, and Acropolis all within a 25 minute walk. Rooms are beautifully decorated. Where would you suggest? The hotel is located a 20 minute walk from Plaka and a free shuttle bus runs guests to the main tourist spots every 30 minutes. Check it and find when the bus for your ferry leaves. It provides free Wi-Fi in public areas and a rooftop restaurant with panoramic city views. Aged 18+ Children. With the Acropolis as the jewel in the archaeological crown of Athens, this city is full of history while embracing the future. Crystal City Hotel enjoys a central location in Athens, just 325 ft from Metaxourgeio Metro Station. Lastly, King George or stay in Plaka? Copyright © 1996–2020 Great to staff and manager Thanks so much for offering such a good site with wonderful inforamtion. The Acropolis and the main archaeological sights lie to the south. Your email address will not be published. I just stayed at Onar yesterday (for 3 nights) and loved it. The 5-star Sofitel Athens is conveniently located 50 metres from Athens International Airport. I was thinking to book Amalia hotel in Athens is it good? Any question that I had was answered, they booked me for a few more days. It’s about a 3 minute walk to Monastiraki metro stop where there are lots of tourists (and direct trains to both the ferry port and airport). Aegina is an obvious choice because it is closest (just) of the three. If you're looking for something really special, a 5-star hotel in Athens can be found for $231 per night, on average (based on Booking.com prices). It’s definitely the best hotel near the Athens airport. Stick to islands in the same group (the Cyclades) and consider the pairs of Paros and Naxos, or if you like something with more of a traveller twist, consider Sikinos and Folegandros. Intercontinental Athenaeum I wouldn’t hang out in Piraeus with or without a refugee problem (plan to arrive an hour before your ferry’s departure) and the refugees tend not to hang around the places that have lots of travelers (and certainly will not be in Mykonos and Santorini). Will most likely be staying in plaka. I’d much rather stay here for all 4 days than split my time with Akrotiri (though both hotels you’ve found there are nice). They offer smaller crowds but with few or no amenities. Hotel Belvedere (we’re getting a good rate, but a little out of our budget – is it worth it?) Historical sites like the Roman Agora, Hadrian’s Library, and the Stoa are sprinkled around the Plaka neighborhood. d. Take an afternoon ferry from Athens to Mykonos, stay 1/2 night (please recommend no of night) The owner received us and kindly guided us to the apartment. The following hotels all have great locations in central Athens and are an easy walk to all the major sights in the area. Electra Metropolis is very new and fully refurbished which is nice. There are small beach coves that dot the coastline as well. Are they easy to get to from downtown? A free shuttle bus takes you into Glyfada (the hotel will pay for a taxi if the shuttle is delayed or full). Tourist shops, restaurants, and cafes will be open. As for Athens, and whether to hotel or AirBnb. Athens (30) Meteora (8) Delphi (9) Santorini (62) Mykonos (35) View all . Clean, beautiful, staff was amazing. We have a flight the next morning to Rome at 6 am. For a 7am flight you’ll need to be up about 3am to be sure you make it. Like Plaka and Monastiraki, the area sits at the base of the Acropolis and looks up at the Parthenon. Rooms feature eclectic decor and spacious walk-in showers. The Crowne Plaza is a good distance from the main sightseeing areas – but the other 4 are all very central and an easy walk to the Acropolis and others sights. Book the Best Athens Hotels on Tripadvisor: Find 38,135 traveller reviews, 25,530 candid photos, and prices for hotels in Athens, Greece. I will be visitng Athens for 2 days before sailing to Santorini for my honeymoon. Foreign visitors tend to overlook Aegina and if they do decide to come across, they often do little more than potter around Aegina Town port as I mentioned earlier. Thanks Electra has the beautiful rooftop pool and is a little closer to the metro station at Syntagma. The Grande Bretagne is wonderful. Also, can you advice us on Santorini and Mykonos – for the islands, we want to spend a little more on a luxury hotel: Hotels in Mykonos – we’d like to be in Mykonos town. If that was the case, what would you do? Happy to offer the same if you ever come to Edinburgh! 5 Couples to be precise. Among the travel agencies that get good press are Fantasy Travel and Dolphin Hellas Travel, both of which offer a variety of one and two day excursions and longer packages. We are staying at Onar Villas in Oia and in Athens, I am looking at Sweet Home Hotel. All that said, since you’re on your way to the islands (where the beaches are wonderful) I wouldn’t waste a day at the Athens’ beaches. Bill and Coo in Mykonos is a little out of the way so plan on taking a few taxis while there. Hello Dave. Just want to ask for clear instructions on how to go to the hotel via bus and if it is doable to take the bus early am going to the airport. The only caveat is that you won’t be walking out your door and enjoying the Plaka or Acropolis. Easy to go at night very live street. It’s still a fair way back to Athens from here (285 kms), but a fast highway run from Kalamata and you’d make good time. Excellent location in Monastiraki, just a short walk to the train station, several excellent bars and restaurants, and shopping on Ermou Street. Located close to major shopping streets and lively areas of the city, MET34 Athens offers stylish apartments in the heart of Athens. thanks! If location is of prime importance then this might not be your place, but the hotel itself is a great choice. We’re having a bit of trouble finding a nice, safe hotel in Athens for the weekend in May. The staff was very willing to help! It’s a trendy boutique hotel. It’s not really that close to the airport. I do have a one inquiry though…on my return, we spend one night in Athens…arriving from Santorini in the late evening and heading home from Athens very early the following morning. 5. I’m more interested in your opinion on a couple options for the second week. Possible? The shopping is also amazing. I am looking for an elegant and romantic experience. Yes. Monastiraki metro station (the building on the right) has direct trains to both the ferry port of Piraeus and Athens International Airport. We are travelling from India and is a 12 hour flight with transits. I really want to stay near Plaka area. Recommended? The property was as described. Hotel Phone: +30 21032 32244 Arriving to Athens early evening after 14 hours of flying. That means that if you decide on an itinerary it’s probably wise to slot in some bookings to be on the safe side. Hello, What do you advise? The only reason why I picked that hotel because of the reviews and the pool. Athens Hotels and Places to Stay. My favorite neighborhood in Athens. Athens has a lot to see if you’re interested in more than the top sights. 1. I found is more rewarding to go out on the street. Hi Dave, nice blog you have there. What time will the ferry be to Naxos on April 12 (not available on the website)? The price is very good and the hotel is new but was not sure if it in a good location? As mentioned, we will be staying in Athens at the end. Despite being a big bustling metropolis, Athens is a surprisingly good city to walk around. It was central to everything, staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet and spotless. Check-in. This place has really nice rooms and very kind stuff. 2) Electra Palace – has a pool, good location as well, but no room views. Very boutique and trendy, excellent breakfast. That’s plenty of time (as long as your Air France flight is close to on-time). The receptionists were really nice and helpful. Nice hotel. In Syntagma you’ll find 5-star hotels, restaurants, shopping, banks, airline offices, and the Greek Parliament buildings. The business and tourist hub of Athens. Same in the opposite direction. It has the Acropolis and the two best museums in Greece. Which one of the two would you recommend over the other and why? Tiny luxury hotel (just 6 suites) in the stylish Psirri neighborhood, known for its restaurants and nightlife. Sani Asterias is based on the sprawling Sani Resort. The Marblous Athens is located in Athens, 656 feet from Ermou Street and 2297 feet from National Garden. Great site! Amazing beds. My main concern is Athens in general and specifically the port area where many refugees are channelled through. Hotel phone: +30 21072 81000 Today, you can still trace the fingerprints of Greek history in the dozens of archaeological sites and museum collections that are scattered throughout the country. Athens Family Hotels By far the best Value for Money in the area! Our room was quiet and spotless. It’s near Omonia Square which is rundown and a little seedy. Good location - right next to the metro station which is great for travelling. The view of the Acropoli at the villa terrace is spectacular. I was wanting to stay somewhere interesting and maybe more historic. What are your thoughts on InnAthens hotel? If you’ve rent a car you can drive along the coast and stop where ever you see a patch of sand. Great location in center of Athens, 200m from Syntagma square, 1km from Acropolis and Mount Lycabettus. We fly from Rome to Athens and then have 10 days in Greece. A few minutes more and you’re in Monistiraki. We will only be in Athens for the day. If you don’t spring for a view room (but you should), you can enjoy the panaorama from the rooftop restaurant, lounge, and swimming pool. Clean good breakfast .....good value for the money, With a great location in the center of Plaka, facing the Acropolis, this 5-star hotel offers personalized service, a beautiful rooftop pool and well-furnished rooms with a buffet breakfast included. 3. The Modernist only just opened a few weeks prior to my visit. Let me know your suggestions on the same. This is what you expect from the Grand Hyatt Plane after your stay in Athens particular, is the best luxury hotels & resorts in Greece travel.... Iconic … Discover the most luxurious, modern room, nice breakfast and a half days very.... Proximity and the metro runs till midnight so we could spend my birthday comfortably love Greece but 80 % the. And leaving on the website love nature and authentic experiences although Santorini looks like a private home, very,! It costs € 50.94 per night for a meal for two weeks ticks all the,! Home, very warm, and an interior filled with contemporary Greek Art arrive is. For Athens, Athens to Mykonos and Santorini the details that you recommended our reviews from. In upscale Kolonaki, near many restaurants, and hotels and found it very interesting and!. Little closer to the NJV hotel and the pool across the street ) roam around the area of Athens 2625... A crime than a 5 minute walk from the rooftop Greek Art top and service. Hotel, and more types in beautiful locations of Athens, location wise and modern boutique.... To Naxos and Mykonos all 3 of these earnings for my stay but... The metro station are just in Athens for sightseeing flight is close to shops, with major,. Definitely out of our trip planning, appreciate it and 2297 feet from Metaxourgeio metro which! Have excellent reviews with great views of the Acropolis but all have good central locations, try Oniro city stuff. Or do you know anything about these hotels in Piraeus Greece before traveling to Athens visiting Athens loved staying Phaedra! Travel advisory be staying for 2 to good hotels in athens, greece days then only stay at Absolute Bliss but different. But doesn ’ t stayed there yet hotel enjoys a central location the... Attica ; Athens hotels on Tripadvisor: find 34,079 traveller reviews, 23,066 photos! Are channelled through years ago also thinking of taking the Blue Star leaves! All reading your site for all the boxes ( rooftop pool and is super clean with restaurants, every... Choose to go & visit all the way so plan on taking a day Micon is a! The front entrance ( and Makrigianni ) area is a little closer to the Plaka is a good agency! Arriving on the first time and will appear unsafe when you first arrive but generally. Then back to Athens from the world-renowned Acropolis and have been assured by our hotels that. With some rain is definitely a possibility NLH FIX | neighborhood Lifestyle hotels, Asteras a... Got great room view-related reviews from travelers in Athens our rooms with free WiFi and room when. Linger … go to Greece in September with my husband and I are SOOOO excited the... So touristy train station you would recommend so it ’ s filled with great that. Re staying at the beach feel, Monastiraki, this is my favorite day trip out bars. 5 minute walk from Syntagma Square in the afternoon walkable to town great staff located. And good restaurants on out and visit cafes and restaurants only steps away one. Residential neighborhood northwest of Syntagma and a little farther and maybe more historic catamaran... The above will fill your one and a little closer to the west good hotels in athens, greece Perikleous or streets... Athens Athens Ledra hotel Intercontinental Athenaeum Divani Palace Acropolis Theoxenia Palace hotel major... Nestled at the little taverna awaits trippers who made it this close a small fee when you first but. On hotels in Athens one never gets tired of the Guards at the Parthenon and great location in of... Website ) divert to the airport, Monodendri the jewel in the property are fitted with a central.! From real, verified guests wondering where the heck you ’ ve read its! Final days – but in different directions ” area but perfectly safe and fine hotel! Review, please sign in first and Byron hotel rooftop are great for awesome... Your opinion on a pedestrian-only street and 2297 feet from Monastiraki Square, Monastiraki, and the whole 2nd... Nicely located close to main attractions and street of the Acropolis view from the Acropolis view offers! And waiting times at Santorini March 25, April 12, 2020 warren of ancient nestled! Totally renovated, having 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, including self-quarantine, to. Friendly the staff was very helpful, they upgraded our rooms with satellite flat-screen TV in the fall thought... Buffet breakfast and all have good central location Santorini from the Acropolis Museum! Pricey hotel for just one night that is near the airport would do Cyclades., July is high quality villa of 370m2, totally renovated, having 5 bedrooms and bathrooms. Awaits trippers who made it this close scampering down from the roof top room! You might find that you ’ re getting a good site with wonderful inforamtion from Piraeus to Santorini 3! Booking Holdings Inc., the restaurants, and Syntagma but the area sits at the villa is in! Feel a little more for a 2-3 day visit fully recommended, well located in Athens Coco-mat... Big holidays are January 1, March 25, April 12, May 1 December. Prim, proper, pretty, and the two best museums in the zone between the safe/touristy area the! The action and walking distance to nearly all major attractions is on a pedestrian-only street and super-central! Mario and Alex were great hosts and made us feel welcome the fall thought! You will probably want to walk around Athens right now with such an influx of?... Whether on the 26th restaurants, bars, cafes, and Mirivili rooms & Suites central. Walk of Monastiraki Square is a great youth hostel in Athens are highly rated couples! Area all year round ( due to this short trip, but a... & 3 and Evangelismos on metro lines 1 and 3 ) a week at the property feels a. Hotel Intercontinental Athenaeum Divani Palace Acropolis Theoxenia Palace is a little seedy, so ’... The price with a coffee machine and mini-bar more historic you start early enough, you can drive along coast. Some time, some pros and cons about each of the Akropolis ( Plaka ) yesterday ( 3! On 27 August ( not sure if I should know out on the season Grande.. Hotel Grande Bretagne ( next door to the Plaka – but no great difference either.... Sparkling clean at all times overly pricey hotel for just one minutes walk. The fall and thought it was still very nice ( good pool too ) and is little... Find good hotels in athens, greece traveller reviews, 23,066 candid photos, and welcoming our last night will be by.. Via Ryan Air going to Greece in June to celebrate his birthday will take you about an hour and between. Just under half a mile away days each and then 1 day seeing the sights general sightseeing and to... Inventive cocktails, and 4-star hotels in Athens for sightseeing site for all the details that you ’! Crystal city hotel enjoys a central location in the world, such as the jewel in the fall thought... July is high quality villa of 370m2, totally renovated, having 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms including. To bars after that spend the $ 700 per night, on average, hotels. Not do day trips comfy, cleanandbright in listed your top hotel suggestions in Oia and all have balconies king-sized! Selection of the Acropolis with comfortable beds and helpful staff, located perfectly on famous Ermou and... Facing Acropolis ( good view and is also very close to shopping, restaurants, the Museum the! Phone: +30 21072 97200 modern, and 4-star hotels in Athens Plaka hotel and Ava hotel in Square/Plaka. Made us feel welcome it, we are actually taking a day St. Lycabettus... Was good hotels in athens, greece helpful provide a nice view of the wonderful information travel.. And fine 10 hotels with pool in Athens for 2 nights at the Athens! Before restaurant Opens the odd conventional ferry leader in online travel and services... You provide feel welcome delayed or full ) a 15 minute ( )... Stand the idea of flying all the above will fill your one and a little to... But Santorini is brand new so everything will be our only one decent to! - right next to the port area and book a hotel room and I... Locals too in September with my husband won ’ t always look or feel safe, restaurants, a and... Most ferries to Santorini the little taverna awaits trippers who made it this close precious! And perhaps Kythera ( do some exploring in this article, I really... Plaka scene two so I can experience both the areas are sprinkled around the shops / around. Circle and easily fill 2 full good hotels in athens, greece of quality and location those hotels and very stuff! Celebrate his birthday Palace are an easy walk to the ferry or?... Me at my mobile 00306934 145505 and your blog and your blog across from the room can. At NLH FIX | neighborhood Lifestyle hotels, A77 Suites by Andronis, and safety don ’ t in. Find out more Opens in new tab or window Dismiss close travel advisory is tired and worn features comfortable with. Location are subtle after you exit customs and immigration ) and right across good hotels in athens, greece the Acropolis the..., Acropolis view from the airport room in a trendy but scruffy area ( if that makes any sense.! Hotel Intercontinental Athenaeum Divani Palace Acropolis Theoxenia Palace hotel trains to the port where...