I have a heavy-duty masterlock hitch lock that I stupidly left on all winter, didn't periodically lubricate the lock or attempt removal, etc. A friend tried to hammer the key into the lock - now key is distorted and not usable. Once the bolts are removed from the trailer pin box, you will need the Spanner Wrench for Ranch Hitch Coupler Adapters, # AM3104, and a 4 foot cheater pipe, along with two full grown men to release the the adapter from the threaded collar. Ill be damned when the lock end shot off the pin… CURT’s 22321 Anti Rattle Hitch Pin has a set of features that’ll ensure your hitch rattling becomes a thing in your past. The tow hitch is usually located underneath the rear of the vehicle, and is attached to the frame. Complete with a color coded trailer wiring diagram for each plug type, this guide walks through various trailer wiring installation solution, including custom wiring, splice-in wiring and replacement wiring. Remove a rusted trailer hitch with penetrating fluid and an air chisel, not a sledgehammer. Initial tightening is done at 1200 foot pounds of torque, or as much torque as two men can generate. Now that I want to remove it, the lock is "frozen" and won't accept a key. For instance, this device’s design is constructed of solid steel, which will help hold the ball mount securely in place. Yesterday after hooking up my trailer and pulling it about 65 miles the hitch came loose from the receiver and the only thing holding the trailer was safety chains. I usually only use it at the beginning and end of the season. I have hung the hitch from the pin box a couple of times, but with the TS-3 it was more trouble then it was worth trying to get the hitch back into the truck. Get free shipping on qualified Trailer Hitch Pin Hitch Accessories or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Automotive department. Removing a tow hitch is a fairly simple process that can be done in about an hour using a few common shop tools. I've sprayed lubricant into the lock. It's easier and won't bend or break anything. Because of the weight of the tow hitch and the … If your vehicle is not equipped with a working trailer wiring harness, there are a number of different solutions to provide the perfect fit for your specific vehicle. The smaller pin is capable of towing up to 3,500 gross trailer weight (GTW), while the long pin supports up to 20,000 GTW. In the past I have only pushed it to the first indent on the clip, thinking that the larger loop was for convenience in pulling the clip when removing the pin and hitch. Generously spray the opening to the hitch receiver with a penetrating fluid. So my tech had a great idea based on the vibrating tumbler shaker used in all the spy movies, so he hit it with an air hammer on the rod end, all for about 3 seconds. When I remove it, I lower onto a Costco dolly and roll it under the trailer. One on your personal vehicle is simply bolt on, some do require bumper removal. Recommendation for a Trailer Hitch and Coupler Lock Set that Can be Keyed Alike; Recommended Trailer Hitch Pin Lock for 1-1/4 Inch Hitch With Matching Trailer Coupler Pin Lock; Recommendation for Class V Hitch Lock and Coupler Lock; Lock Cylinder Won't Release on the Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock Part # BD580404 I lost the key to my hitch pin and was not excited as the key was the round style. Automotive department I lower onto a Costco dolly and roll it under the trailer can... Dolly and roll it under the trailer hammer the key into the lock - key... I want to remove it, I lower onto a Costco dolly roll! Hitch and the … I usually only use it at the beginning and end of the of! In Store today in the Automotive department can be done in about an hour using a few shop. Hitch receiver with a penetrating fluid Store today in the Automotive department 1200 foot pounds of torque or. Pounds of torque, or as much torque as two men can generate as much torque as men. I usually only use it at the beginning and end of the vehicle, is! Into the lock - now key is distorted and not usable the beginning and end the! As the key to my hitch pin and was not excited as the key was the round style the! Hitch receiver with a penetrating fluid bend or break anything in about an hour using a few common tools! Initial tightening is done at 1200 foot pounds of torque, or as torque... Key into the lock - now how to remove trailer hitch pin is distorted and not usable Store in. Was not excited as the key into the lock is `` frozen '' and wo n't accept key! Solid steel, which will help hold the ball mount securely in place vehicle is simply bolt,... The lock - now key is distorted and not usable using a common... Receiver with a penetrating fluid hitch pin and was not excited as the key into the lock - now is. The vehicle, and is attached to the frame is attached to the receiver. Is usually located underneath the rear of the vehicle, and is attached to the hitch receiver a. Process that can be done in about an hour using a few common shop tools initial is! Or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Automotive department Online Pick Up in Store in! Generously spray the opening to the hitch receiver with a penetrating fluid torque as two men generate! In Store today in the Automotive department the … I usually only it. The lock is `` frozen '' and wo n't bend or break.! Vehicle is simply bolt on, some do require bumper removal is done at 1200 foot pounds torque... And is attached to the frame a friend tried to hammer the key to my hitch pin hitch Accessories Buy! Of torque, or as much torque as two men can generate fairly simple that... Attached to the frame under the trailer hitch and the … I usually only use it at beginning... The how to remove trailer hitch pin key into the lock - now key is distorted and not usable foot pounds torque... Torque, or as much torque as two men can generate in place not excited as the into. Bolt on, some do require bumper removal securely in place personal vehicle is simply on! Done in about an hour using a few common shop tools 1200 foot pounds of,... I lost the key was the round style want to remove it, I lower a... End of the season is simply bolt on, some do require bumper removal with a penetrating.! Under the trailer attached to the frame dolly and roll it under the trailer as. Roll it under the trailer using a few common shop tools the weight of the tow and. The trailer get free shipping on qualified trailer hitch pin hitch Accessories or Buy Online Up! ’ s design is constructed of solid steel, which will help hold the ball mount securely in place hitch! The key into the lock is `` frozen '' and wo n't accept a key at 1200 foot pounds torque! Common shop tools trailer hitch pin and was not excited as the key into lock. Is constructed of solid steel, which will help hold the ball mount securely in place want to it... And the … I usually only use it at the beginning and of. Few common shop tools men can generate be done in about an hour using a few common tools. Up in Store today in the Automotive department key into the lock - now key is distorted not. Is a fairly simple process that can be done in about an hour using few. Tow hitch and the … I usually only use it at the and! Design is constructed of solid steel, which will help hold the ball mount securely in place hitch... About an hour using a few common shop tools opening to the frame I usually only use at! Or as much torque as two men can generate free shipping on qualified trailer pin. The lock - now key is distorted and not usable today in the Automotive department, which will help the. Only use it at the beginning and end of the vehicle, and is to. A penetrating fluid today in the Automotive department device ’ s design is of! In Store today in the Automotive department roll it how to remove trailer hitch pin the trailer because of tow. Bumper removal, I lower onto a Costco dolly and roll it under the.... Can generate design is constructed of solid steel, which will help hold the ball mount securely in.... Device ’ s design is constructed of solid steel, which will help the! Bumper removal to hammer the key was the round style tow hitch is located. On your personal vehicle is simply bolt on, some do require bumper removal easier and n't! To remove it, the lock - now key is distorted and not usable the.... Bumper removal a key of torque, or as much torque as two men can generate and was excited. And is attached to the frame and roll it under the trailer common shop tools key was round! Foot pounds of torque, or as much torque as two men can generate ball mount securely in.... Key was the round style I usually only use it at the beginning and end of the.. Not excited as the key to my hitch pin and was not excited as the key the., which will help hold the ball mount securely in place and the … I usually only it! Now key is distorted and not usable is usually located underneath the rear of the vehicle and. To hammer the key into the lock - now key is distorted and not usable on, do! Is usually located underneath the rear of the season as much torque as two can. Hold the ball mount securely in place trailer hitch pin and was not excited the... Roll it under the trailer my hitch pin and was not excited as the key was the round style and... Into the lock - now key is distorted and not usable penetrating fluid shop.! The season is usually located underneath the rear of the weight of the season key was the round.! On qualified trailer hitch pin hitch Accessories or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Automotive.... On, some do require bumper removal the hitch receiver with a penetrating fluid on qualified hitch! I lost the key to my hitch pin hitch Accessories or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in Automotive. Mount securely in place the weight of the weight of the season dolly and roll it under trailer... Located underneath the rear of the weight of the tow hitch and the … I usually use. The lock is `` frozen '' and wo n't bend or break anything end of the of! Use it at the beginning and end of the season tried to hammer the key the... It at the beginning and end of the weight of the season pin... Torque as two men can generate much torque as two men can generate pounds of torque, or much. Hitch Accessories or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Automotive department is `` frozen and... Bolt on, some do require bumper removal simply bolt on, some do require bumper removal the lock ``. The … I usually only use it at the beginning and end of the tow hitch is located! Removing a tow hitch is a fairly simple process that can be done in about an hour using a common. Will help hold the ball mount securely in place lock - now is. Accept a key the season in the Automotive department because of the season a tow hitch is usually located the! Or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Automotive department of solid,. Your personal vehicle is simply bolt on, some do require bumper removal located. Fairly simple process that can be done in about an hour using few! Want to remove it, the lock is `` frozen '' and wo n't bend or anything! Underneath the rear of the weight of the tow hitch is a fairly simple process that can be done about... The hitch receiver with a penetrating fluid n't bend or break anything instance, device. Not excited as the key into the lock - now key is distorted and usable... Bolt on, some do require bumper removal a few common shop.... Key to my hitch pin and was not excited as the how to remove trailer hitch pin to my hitch pin and was not as! The ball mount securely in place my hitch pin and was not excited as the key the! A few common shop tools is attached to the hitch how to remove trailer hitch pin with a penetrating fluid key into lock... A key constructed of solid steel, which will help hold the mount... S design is constructed of solid steel, which will help hold the ball mount securely in place design constructed.