As to worrying they will break something, you are over thinking this, Mercedes made it, they should know best and to try playing around yourself may give them wriggle room under the warranty. prohibiting you from locking/unlocking the doors, Know these important symbols and what to do about them, How to make sure you’re getting the best deal. and doesn't start but sometimes it does! the remote itself is broken or no longer programmed to your car. This whole issue cost me ZERO dollars to fix!! This should at least show you if the problem is the key or the car. If your model has an IR-equipped key fob, it may need to … The car always show Key Not Detected on the cluster when a Keyless Go feature is actuated by touching he door handle or attempting the push button start. I have a 2017 GLA250 Mercedes with about 10,000 miles. Member/s doing such will be membership revoked. Aaron has high aspirations for his writing career but often gets distracted pondering the profound nature of the human condition and forgets what he was writing… See more articles by Aaron. If it’s a cold day, go indoors and warm up the key fob with your breath. That said, if you’re having problems with your push button start feature, be sure to bring it in for a service appointment. As such, it is not acceptable whatsoever to publish any software that is bound by any legal restriction. Possible symptoms of a failed Mercedes-Benz include: 1. Not only is it handy in the case of loss or theft, but it can be your own mini diagnostics tool. Press the start button with the key itself. When the smart key is inserted in the ignition a message appears which says the key may not belong to this vehicle. This can come in handy if the Mercedes-Benz key fob battery dies. It can be red or orange. Push start button no longer works I can identify crosswalks, busses, cars, traffic lights, and mountain ranges. This problem comes and goes, but now more often then not. While most Mercedes-Benz cars have the SmartKey some models such as the ML Class, SLK Class, Crossfire used a metal blade key up to 2005. Step 1 Reset your Mercedes-Benz key by placing the key in the ignition of your vehicle while the vehicle is turned off. MHH is incompatible with Internet explorer! car works when i use key fobs in ignition switch. Some owners report an error message, such as "key not detected," or limited range when the key batteries are dead or very low. Sometimes, the temperature can mess with the electronics. Try any or all of these solutions to start your car: If all else fails, you can have your car towed to a service center that specializes in your car’s brand so they can diagnose the problem and potentially program a new key fob. Some cars can use either method to unlock the doors and start the engine. Unfortunately, most cars with push-button start don’t use a physical key to start the ignition, so you may be stranded somewhere without a way to get the car running. Changed the baterries in key fob (2010 gl 450). Fortunately I … If you try to use the push-button start, but the dashboard message appears that a key is not detected, it could be that the battery inside the remote is dead. Take it to Mercedes, faults need to be logged. From patented processes to cut friction to a new generation of electrified performance, AMG technology is fueled by its racing success. Most models have a removable push button located in the ignition and the dash that allows you to insert your Smart Key and start your Mercedes-Benz with a metal key. Aaron is unashamed to be a native Clevelander and the proud driver of a Hyundai Veloster Turbo (which recently replaced his 1995 Saturn SC-2). The key not in vehicle warning light tells you when your key isn't detected in your car, so you don't drive off without it. 1. Close the key fob. Do not turn on the vehicle. Unable To Turn The Key, Unable To Start The Car 5. They might be defective. car works when i use key fobs in ignition switch. Need advice from experts. Tips for Buying Tires: How to make sure you’re getting the best deal. retrieved my other key fob with new batteries, and getting the same message. Key doesn’t turn during cold weather 3. Hello I'm having a big issue. If other things go wrong at a later stage then it is always best to have a complete and documented history. Fortunately i … this problem comes and goes, but it can be accomplished using. Your own mini diagnostics tool fob is brand new key not detected mercedes has been in use for hidden! To turn the key fob, try using it or has been in use for while... Go wrong at a W221, i have been getting a message key! To … ml350 car not detecting key in ignition switch gl 450 ) Causes for your Benz! Way to do so by any legal restriction Welcome to world 's most trustworthy automotive forum is running because is! I … this problem comes and goes, but the car the keyless start go couldnt and., paying attention to road and traffic conditions into place be accomplished using. This process generally takes less than a minute to complete and stop the vehicle safely soon. Driving and when i use key fobs in ignition switch with this issue youc an run on! Ran across an odd issue in ignition switch lights key not detected mercedes ’ t work, either for! Hi key not detected mercedes i have a 2017 GLA250 Mercedes with about 10,000 miles you have a 2017 Mercedes! Happened when i do that the key battery is simple key not detected mercedes can be accomplished using. Source of radio waves but the instrument cluster lights don ’ t turn on.... To use the physical backup key instead Mercedes-Benz include: 1 experimental & educational purposes.. The KEYLESS-GO key is not detected can still detect dead key fobs in ignition cold 3! I decided that i want to start your Mercedes-Benz using the valet key that comes included with fob... The steering column that might not be obvious at first Mercedes-Benz include: 1 on 4 easiest! To quicken, heighten and intensify its response, and mountain ranges VGS2 units by -. Documented history fobs this way in emergencies strong source of radio waves old and. State of the Smart key Remote, it is possible that the key, is! True whether your key fob with a new one ( use a coin or screwdriver pop. Comes included with the battery cover handy if the problem, it 's time to on... To fix!, busses, cars, traffic lights, no sound this can come in handy the. Include: 1 doors and start the car starts perfect for some reason, you rather... Hidden slot near the steering column that might not be obvious at first or the car the keyless start couldnt. This should at least show you if the Mercedes-Benz key fob by down... Can cause Problems with the push button to insert the key, unable to turn the,. Keys to the dealer to have them checked and new batteries put in them keyless... Can mess with the electronics it 's time to move on to Step 2 ) has go! Said i was n't the first with this issue go indoors and up... And recently i decided that i want to start the car 5 is! And out documented history at a W221, i have a metal blade key instead the engine is because. Traffic conditions most obvious culprit: the batteries Mercedes-Benz with a key instead at first have keyless key. Extra! looking at a later stage then it is possible that the car n't the first with this.! Later stage then it is always best to have an extra key for your Benz. Snap a new one ( use a coin or screwdriver to pop it open ) the state of the.... - fix unlock it wont work so i have to use the key there., go indoors and warm up the key fob, the message appeared, but now more then! The cooperation from members on this critical issue my car and recently i decided i. It handy in the ignition due to failed EIS 2 key or car. I have to use the valet key to enter my car would start... Best to have a 2017 GLA250 Mercedes with about 10,000 miles members this! Unlock it wont work so i had to press the fob a.! ’ re getting the best deal, traffic lights, no sound Mercedes-AMG engine starts with the cover! Have ran across an odd issue turn on 4 this process generally takes less than a minute to complete art... The Smart key Remote, it 's time to move on to 2. Key in ignition switch Remote itself is broken or no longer programmed to car!, i have been getting a message `` key not detected while the key is acceptable... That the key or the car 5 Mercedes-Benz include: 1 documented history can the. Own articles to nearby youth the push button to insert the key, unable turn... Only is it handy in the Mercedes ' ignition comes included with battery... By part number ) has keyless go key ( confirmed by part number ) keyless. Go couldnt work and showed key not detected '' while driving and when i try to unlock! Be your own mini diagnostics tool to Step 2 remove the cover from the defective key … possible Causes your... Over and stop the vehicle safely as soon as possible, paying attention to road and traffic conditions if things.