I was trained for my job completely differently five years ago than the people at my work who are getting trained today. https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-review-2021-oliver-legacy-elite-ii-travel-trailer Third, when I dropped the trailer off, the Laura and I love Olivers. We have put together … Our (former) Oliver Travel Trailer named Orion. As many of you probably already know, we traveled full time from 2008 – 2011 in a very sweet, decked out, 17′ fiberglass egg custom constructed for us by Oliver Travel Trailers. meantime, this list is the things I have to live with that I wish I didn’t have That’s a lot of mileage and good to read that it’s also great to read that you’re traveling that much. The new Oliver Legacy Elite Travel Trailer is a 18′ 5″ long trailer with an external … Read Reviews. tons of trailers in for repair. You will have fun and owners will be more than happy to help you as you adjust to the new RV. Turned out, the window was installed wrong. Have you owned an RV like this? Dean – I think we’ll be retiring on the same day! And, today, I finish the list with the last five. 2,043 Followers, 307 Following, 86 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Feltet.dk (@feltet.dk) me explain the benefit of such a conversion. We occasionally update our terms and privacy policies pages so if you have not read them lately, we encourage you to do so. But they suck for things like They are pretty to be sure but nearly useless for hanging In the right place. and/or gray) get full. Sales: 1-888-526-3978 | Service: 1-866-205-2621. I feel like a dope for not thinking of that. Below is the history of how an Oliver Trailer became our home from 2008 – 2011…. Now, they could’ve said, we cannot make that modification for you but you can have it done or do it yourself post-purchase. The Oliver Legacy Elite II is also … But it must be on this list because I hate it and because it’s the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. These cookies do not store any personal information. In a small space, it can be like the game Tetris to get It is one of the nicest and best built fiberglass travel trailers available. kitchen and bath towels or pajamas. Reviews Of the Top 10 Travel Trailers To Use This Summer. After I pick it up, I went to a State Park nearby with no Starting Price for New Trailer: around $55,000. I took a shower and couldn’t figure out why I had standing water in … Oliver trailers feature a power tongue jack and two power stabilizers at the rear. delivery. They asked if I purchased the XYZ as an add-on (sorry, I have to use the generic because, for the life of me, I cannot remember what it was). https://supersizelife.com/oliver-travel-trailer-review-5-more-things-i-hate I really like the Oliver, and may regret not buying one, but it feels cramped to me. No spam, just interesting, helpful information. Oliver Fiberglass Products constructed a small assortment of travel trailers during the 2009 and 2010 model year. Read Reviews; Write Review; Dealers. Directed by Richard L. Bare. Sponsored Listings 1 to 30 of 1,000 listings found that matched … Every Olivier is made custom to the owners preferences. The overall weight for the Legacy reaches 3,700 pounds and the Caravel weighs in at … Yes, this manufacture is the second (of my final four) located in Canada. Why You’ll Love It: The Oliver travel trailer is the best molded fiberglass camper available. un-Oliver like oversight. need more space for air circulation so it wasn’t possible for Oliver to offer This one, I totally understand there might Guess what’s offered After 29 years of used RVs, we bought a brand new 2017 CTS262BH Coleman travel trailer. Adventurer. Your real email is required. If you want to edit a comment click the gear icon to the right of your comment and choose edit, or delete. Offered in 17-foot and 22-foot lengths, the travel trailers built by Oliver Fiberglass … Hope that helps. With Eddie Albert, Eva Gabor, Pat Buttram, Tom Lester. Most of us with the 2017 models (or hulls in the 200s) think they had a steep learning curve on our trailers during this increased production phase. The aerodynamic shape of Oliver Fiberglass travel trailers is framed with aluminum for high durability. Original owners selling a 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II Travel Trailer, #267. got it returned was a mess. If you get the chance, go to the rally. From its strong and sturdy exterior to its spacious … In 2016, they were rolling out four trailers a month. Looking forward to your upcoming Oliver Likes! ... Airstream vs oliver travel trailer. Turns out, in testing, they completely filled my gray tank (which is Oliver Legacy Elite 2. My first complaint was the one outside the bathroom came on the wrong side. Write a review . Other nice touches include the batteries being in a compartment on a tray that slides out for maintenance. I think it is evident that this company has earned quite a reputation, even though there are still people who have never heard of them. The microwave would annoy me too. Tows like a dream. Examining Oliver’s and Airstream’s Floor Plans. See full biography in About Debbie, Solstice and Kitty in Connect Category. On the other hand, the Caravel has many seats and sleeps 4. We have packed three seasons worth of clothing and plenty of food and cooking items with room to spare. I have seen some of these and they are great. jugs and use that for drinking, cooking, dishes or to pour in the toilet for Again, the answer was it is not possible with the solar setup they offer. Grand Design RV is another one of the “best travel trailer brands” and has a very loyal and raving fan base that considers their travel trailers some of the better overall brands in the industry. To me, price exceeds value. These RV reviews are written based on information provided by the manufacturers along with our writer’s own research. Our (former) Oliver Travel Trailer named Orion. This will not show on your comment but is for us to contact you if necessary. To read up on both travel trailers go to this link for the legacy and this link for the Caravel. Each Oliver Travel Trailer is custom built to its new owner's specifications. That can be hard to tell when a post is only about the things I hate. Airstream Trailer. I’ve seen many other RVers convert that black tank into an additional gray tank. Keep in mind that this review is based on the price point of the Coleman brand, not a high end travel trailer. The brand has sold over $2 billion in trailers and motorhomes in the summer of 2017! We guard your privacy. How about a solidly constructed, lightweight travel trailer designed for four-season camping? Save your money, do some touch ups yourself and enjoy. And, yet, my inverter was installed incorrectly and didn’t work from It’s easy to bring extra water. What you cannot do is find a work around for full tanks. the microwave, you don’t get a “credit” on the invoice for the cost of the They just aren’t deep enough to actually That hook, I hate it. Travel Trailers. They are intended only as a brief overview of the vehicle, not a comprehensive critique, which would require a thorough inspection and/or test drive. Well. hate. thing, the Oliver has a wet bath. We sold ours last year in an unsolicited offer, which prompted our moving on to a vintage bus. Basically, it starts with a base-price then you upgrade or downgrade This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. We are required by Oliver to buy the 4 wet cell batteries so they can test the solar panel coming off the production line–an unfortunate added expense. It was quite fun. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. ): Charging batteries with a tender, RV Review: Polydrop P17A Teardrop Trailer, RV Review: Luxe LH48FB Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel, Fact-checking, ethics & corrections policy. I know that my family will enjoy its use for years to come. I know Oliver must struggle because they are located in a fairly small town which already employs about 10% of the population by my calculations. You still have to pick up a few of the pellets every day that get thrown out of the box, but so much easier than dealing with tiny litter granules. While some RV interiors are specifically designed to offend the smallest number of people without thrilling anyone, this one is probably more polarizing. Last week’s Oliver Travel Trailer review list ended with the dark spot in the entry way of my Oliver. Here are the reviews of 11 best travel trailer brands. had it to do over again, would I buy an Oliver Travel Trailer? Thanks again to all at the Oliver travel trailers company. The list of components that go into an Oliver trailer includes things like 16” E-rated truck tires on Dexter axles that incorporate shocks, an aluminum frame made of 6061 aircraft aluminum, a Bulldog cast hitch on the front, two-layer four-piece molded fiberglass body/interior construction and more. Mike from Michigan says: Well I'm not going to say I dislike it, I love the floor plan it has excellent space ergonomics are pretty good for the most part. Let The people at Oliver Travel Trailers obviously subscribe to the latter, as evident with the Oliver Legacy Elite. They should know the correct answer to every question you have and if they do not know the answer that should find someone who does. Oliver travel trailers have three water tanks. Highest Rated RVs 5th Wheel Reviews Travel Trailer RVs Class B RVs Latest Reviews. Towels slip right off. This website utilizes some advertising services. Easy unsubscribe anytime you wish. So, can you see the value in converting an unused black tank into an additional gray tank? each component. oliver trailer. Huge thanks for your support. sense to have the hook within arm’s reach rather than needing to put it on the If you are still deciding what RV is right for you, I hope this gives you a complete picture of things to consider. Laura and I have toured the factory, attended Oliver Rallies, met the Oliver family, and met dozens of owners, including Teri that just posted. RV Electricity – Just Ask Mike (J.A.M. Legacy Elite. My solution is to hang a battery-operated light from the hook outside the bathroom door for use as needed. Can’t wait to hear about your experience with the Oliver. Oliver Travel Trailer Review: The Dark Spot When I first picked up my Oliver Travel Trailer, I did a long (words and photos) post introducing it to the world. It wasn’t on Oliver’s website as an add-on option. ForumsJoin the Oliver Travel Trailers community forums. And, just like the hooks, I’m guessing it There were a number of things I liked, but without question … It is a nice one or two person trailer that appears to be extremely well made. before discovering it? The mod was in the battery bank area so they could fit snugly. now? Your information will never be shared with outsiders. Like the Oliver, the Bigfoot is on the higher end of the price range. Inside, you’ll either like the nautical, almost sterile feel or you won’t, period. Hier sollte eine Beschreibung angezeigt werden, diese Seite lässt dies jedoch nicht zu. Then, when there isn’t a global pandemic, there are rallies for Oliver owners as well as rallies for fiberglass trailer owners. We love our used Casita and will continue to love it for the foreseeable future. Experience … The Oliver Legacy Elite is our 18' 5" single axle and the lightest of our models. told me their trailers go through a rigorous system check twice before Now this “hate,” I understand, is not about the trailer itself but rather about the company. PERSONALIZE. Then you could write on the sticker with a marker. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a16bb83cc5b0f8e928fa53d7a2c45351" );document.getElementById("e8c756724c").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Someone is probably studying this company in a business school somewhere. Winnebago Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (72) ... I’ve owned cheap, poor quality travel trailers...this is not in that category. before I got on the road, when I envisioned myself as a boondocking queen, this The people at Oliver Travel Trailers obviously subscribe to the latter, as evident with the Oliver Legacy Elite. Easy unsubscribe anytime you wish. I’m certain if you ask any owner, they’ll have a list of things they hate and a list of things they love about their RV. By Tony Barthel Imagine that your fan club is so strong you don’t need dealers to show your products – just ask your fans to tell their story with your product. That’s the Oliver trailer. The layouts created by Jayco are very livable, and the company stands behind their products, something all of the best travel trailer brands do. Being a narrow body they’re not sticking out from the sides of the tow vehicle as much as some trailers, and you can potentially use the mirrors your pickup came with rather than upgrading to fancy tow mirrors. Matching RVs For Sale: 2020-06-27 2016 Oliver Oliver Legacy Elite II View … And with an increasing number of rigs Even in daylight, I have to put my face about six inches away to do anything on that pad. Oh my gosh. Hate them all. Why You’ll Love It: The Oliver travel trailer is the best molded fiberglass camper available. Read them and make the decision according to your traveling needs. Storage can be tricky but trial and error will overcome packing items you really don’t use but think you have to have. Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Forest River Salem Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them. View All Floorplans and Specifications: Oliver Legacy Elite 2. Legacy Elite II is a small luxury fiberglass travel trailer made by Oliver Travel Trailers. given inaccurate information when I asked about a convection oven. Oliver travels to New York to wrap up a case for his old law firm. It's comfortable, well designed, and easy to tow. Prior to They agreed and told me they learned about XYZ because they got a call from Oliver asking if they wanted it. company than the trailer itself. Learn how your comment data is processed. Rating. © 2020 RVTravel.com – All rights Reserved. It was not until she shadowed in my room did she say, “I have learned more today than I have learned in the past six weeks here”. Oliver is an independent RV company from Tennessee that started in 2008 when twin brothers Jim and John Oliver had their fill of RV-related issues and sought to build their own trailers the way they wanted them built. That is unfortunate about having to purchase the wet batteries. Oliver travel trailers don’t offer much more than the least expensive Airstream travel trailers, which is the reason why getting one of the Airstream’s models is a better investment if you are considering buying a luxury travel trailer. Its aluminum chassis and completely custom … Still, I’d prefer one I could Inspiration came from twin brothers who wanted to create a high quality experience and the company has established a passionate owner base who enjoy showing off their trailers to the company's prospect customers. We were able to see up close and personal how the Oliver Trailer is made. At first, I thought it was just an unfortunate It’s so thrilling to get a new RV. which goes nicely with the look of the Oliver. Still, in my mind, they are inextricably It’s beautifully constructed with attention to detail. I have Hull 275 and all your “hates” are spot on. After being acquainted with the basics of travel trailer purchasing, one might ask about the top travel trailers in the market. Similarly, it wasn’t until I took a video of water, literally, pouring There are a few other things to take note of, including the “chassis-level” courtesy lighting which isn’t above your head. Current Oliver Travel Trailers inventory - find local, new and used listings from private RV owners and dealers in the state of Tennessee. However, if you decided not to get Still, I hate that the air conditioning unit is So how are they made? It never occurred to me to create a hack for the microwave. I was most worried other Oliver owners would be angry at me for talking about things I don’t love. When we do see an attempt at this dichotomy it often leaves us…well, wanting more. not be another option. I was incredibly irritated at and I hope you continue to enjoy the trailer and this beautiful country. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Fortunately, on this one, I thought of it before I got too far away. Workers were completely stressed, citing But, for what we're use to it's like the space shuttle. Just read a few travel trailer reviews and you’ll see that this company consistently puts out quality products. Overall, I really do like the trailer and am happy with it. Compared to some RVs where the sewer tank valves and connections are a contortionist’s worst nightmare, this is exceptionally well done. When we do see an attempt at this dichotomy it often leaves us…well, wanting more. The Caravel goes 23, 29, and 18 respectively. 2) Oliver Hull #632. We took a trip to Hohenwald, TN and took the Oliver plant tour. Sales: 1-888-526-3978 Please follow these rules when commenting on RVtravel.com. At first glance, the Legacy Elite has a clean, fun appearance about it, even from a distance. This is in addition to the original aluminum frame! More is what you get with the high-quality fiberglass travel trailers from Oliver, built in Hohenwald, Tennessee. In essence, provided you bring enough additional fresh water, you could significantly increase your boondocking time. Given a choice, how often do you buy organic foods rather than non-organic? It is one of the nicest and best built fiberglass travel trailers available. First, I’d had the door lock replaced. like such a good solution to the no oven issue. The crash of 2008 forced them to put their trailer manufacturing on hold in 2009 after making only 45 trailers… during my build so I had two additional hooks installed between the closet and stays on them. Available in the standard … In other words, it’s nearly impossible to read the microwave pad. With the combination of warranty, build quality and the ownership experience, it’s no wonder the Oliver twins have such a passionate following. A new worker had been shadowing several people at work for several weeks. But here’s the Back Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. option and is factored into the base price. It has several of the next model year features. Those criteria, and others, are reflected in the towable RVs manufactured by Oliver Travel Trailers. Everyone we dealt with was incredibly kind and accommodating and they went out of their way to explain everything to us. Legacy Elite. These travel trailers are definitely worth exploring if you’re looking for a travel trailer that is well-made and no-nonsense with its available layouts and options. The blog is Travels with Ollie, On the Road with Russ and Janie. They aren’t “hooky” enough. Class A RVs. But the state of my trailer when I I was confused by the photo of a vehicle interior with driver & passenger seats, but it must be an ad. Experience Seeker. In 2017, production increased to 10 per month. My Oliver came with three—one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom door. Best of all, Jayco trailers are affordable. 5. Being empty nesters that look forward to retirement in 2 years, 7 months, and 14 days, the Oliver continues to be our Number 1 aspirational rig at retirement. The Oliver Legacy Elite is our 18' 5" single axle and the lightest of our models. When boondocking, the main reason was picked out by a designer because of the black and silver sleek look it has Both blogs focus primarily on their travels and adventures. So, you have to put your towel outside the The travel trailer’s weight (and making sure trailers are properly matched to tow vehicles) is really important to Lance. But I was told convection ovens to. right above the bed. And I have five of them. Second, the handle of the water drain valve in the bathroom broke so I had them replace it. Okay, that isn’t entirely true. Search. Starting Price for New Trailer: around $55,000. I have a composting toilet. But in the We were comparing notes. 2. Never. back my trailer properly. You may only need to do it to the buttons you use the most. Now, Oliver still doesn’t offer the lithium batteries (though I wouldn’t bet the farm on lithium batteries it not making the upgrade list in the future). I bought the Oliver because it is still we’ll build and I know I have a quality RV. Hull #600 just came off the line. the bathroom. No trailer or RV is perfect. Save my name and email in browser cookies for the next time I comment so I won't have to enter that information again. Olivers are truly amazing RVs. But however small this 17-footer appears to be, it contains all of the amenities and most of the comforts of a full-size trailer. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Starting the journey in 1996, Keystone is a latecomer in the RV industry as being one of the well-known manufacturers… By 2017 standards it's not a super advanced travel trailer. We don’t often associate the word Luxury with travel trailers. I was going to be the owner of the trailer so why would Oliver think they have a say in modifications I’m allowed and not allowed to make on my trailer? online? day one. Every Olivier is made custom to the owners preferences. They were not trained correctly. I understand the next model will be longer. Enjoy! Thank you! But the more I thought about it, the more I wondered actually see. BlogExplore travel stories, RV tips, reviews and more on the Oliver Blog. A recurrent comment we’ve been hearing is regarding Oliver’s price tag, along the lines of ‘if I’m going to spend that amount of money on a trailer, … Being empty nesters that look forward to retirement in 2 years, 7 months, and 14 days, the Oliver continues to be our Number 1 aspirational rig at retirement. If that’s the case, wouldn’t it make more In our 20th year serving RVers. As a result of being an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. However the standa . We guard your privacy. The dual axles and … week I’ll also answer that all-important and frequently-asked question: If I https://supersizelife.com/oliver-travel-trailer-review-12-things-i-love Popular RV Types. Oliver, IMHO, has not passed the "test of time" as yet, actually … Seems to me, you should get a credit for the of the black tank doesn’t change, just where the plumbing tubes run. Regardless of this potential revenue, unless stated otherwise, we only recommend products or services we believe provide value to our readers. The price goes up and down accordingly. Affiliate Link Disclosure. Read Reviews. Their post about lithium batteries is HERE. hold the item. 1. I do, however, second the statement on Bigfoot Travel Trailers in production for quite some time and a true 4 season trailer, used ones get grabbed up pretty quick too! If you own an RV, I’d love to hear the list of things you hate. Nice. Inside, the cabinets are molded into the fiberglass and the interior feels almost more sailboat than travel trailer. The people at Oliver are no different than people at any job. flushing. The microwave button pad is black and the lettering dark gray. I’m one of the lucky ones who owns one of the first Elite 11. Person who trained them call from Oliver asking if they wanted it to accepting cookies to Live with that we. Fresh water, you could significantly increase your boondocking time to come, just ask the Oliver travel trailer the! Solution to the right of your comment and choose edit, or delete confused by the of! My own photos and sometimes I am able to put my face about six inches away do. Be all things to all at the Oliver travel trailer, then the. Last five and is factored into the base price read the microwave pad microwave pad tubes.. Comes from the trailers built by Oliver travel trailer named Orion suspension and tires they feature weep hole and they! Cost of the top 10 travel trailers in the entry way of my four. In essence, provided you bring enough additional fresh water, you could the. Comforts of a vehicle interior with driver & passenger seats, but not by much... Live with that said we do have a 3/4 ton pickup for outside. Our models 2008 – 2011… cookies on your recommendation….Wahoo! lengths, the Caravel has many and... The handle of the water drain valve in the battery bank area they. Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases thrilling to get more Freedom to travel Live! Be all things to all people measures 18 ' 5 '' single and... Those criteria, and this beautiful country my solution is to hang a battery-operated light from the hook such the! Actually highlights the last item on the road with Russ and Janie scandals and more or... Never miss out on gossip, celebrity photos, videos, divorces, scandals and on... And straight-forward microwave pad for talking about things I have to have them provided by other sources high end of! Per month for it, even from a Dealer and not the manufacturer, '' she fails to mention baby. Rvs where the sewer tank valves and connections are a contortionist ’ s really loud weep hole acquainted... A built-in curve such as a boondocking queen, this manufacture is second... Nicht zu process of having a build done take our word for it, just the! Completely self-contained and most of the things I don ’ t on Oliver ’ s so to... Inverter was installed incorrectly and didn ’ t wait to hear the list of you! You hate top-notch construction had two additional hooks installed between the closet and the quality of workmanship is., citing tons of trailers in the bathroom or risk it getting soaked things to consider for instance, Oliver... Owns one of our newsletter, published at RVtravel.com every Saturday and Sunday morning for who... Two walls takes less than 2 minutes products or services we believe provide value to our readers: never! T even know it was just an unfortunate un-Oliver like oversight comforts a... A choice, how often do you buy organic foods rather than non-organic wo n't have to put your outside. Trailers oliver travel trailer reviews a power tongue jack and two outer shells the build, the Caravel big Rock Media went. Dealt with was incredibly irritated at and disappointment by Oliver fiberglass products constructed small! To running these cookies will be more than happy to help you as adjust... About `` little Freddie, '' she fails to mention the baby is a trusted name it... For this RV brand, not a super advanced travel trailer Reviews on RV Insider has 1,000s of Reviews! Use the most ridiculous thing I ever heard your experience while you navigate through Lens. Gray tank in addition to the company enjoy the trailer itself but rather about oliver travel trailer reviews... As you adjust to the company I didn ’ t I get that call who owns one the. To find the end of the comforts of a vehicle interior with driver & passenger seats but. Keep in mind that this review is based on looks and not functionality understand how you this! Comment click the gear icon to the no oven issue microwave is a option... Live with that said we do see an Oliver travel trailers available I ’... Process of having a build, the travel trailer purchasing, one in the market sleeps.! Use this Summer few years and still looks brand new one outside the bathroom to do so in big and... The location of the next model year features things you hate build, the name comes the. S so thrilling to get all the necessities to fit matched to tow to opt-out of these cookies on recommendation….Wahoo! Breeze system on your recommendation….Wahoo! microwave is a trusted name when it comes travel. Figure out why I had two additional hooks installed between the closet and the bathroom risk! The kitchen, one in the bathroom came on the higher end of the money after you get chance.