Mix up the glaze by combining the pineapple glaze, mustard and chicken stock (or water). … This pineapple brown sugar glaze is a crushed pineapple glaze for ham, pork chops or chicken. Toss the wings in the remaining glaze and serve. Squeeze oranges so that the juice covers the chicken and thins the sauce. Bake these chicken breasts smothered with BBQ Sauce, pineapple, bacon, red onions, and Mozzarella cheese in the oven for 30 minutes, and your dinner is ready! Add pineapple to grill; brush with rosemary mixture. Marinate the chicken in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Tip: use the juice from canned pineapple slices, and use the pineapple for garnish, as pictured! All my children (ages 19 - 9) loved it. The mixture can also be used on vegetables, tofu , fish and seafood with a 15 to 30 minute marinating time. Explore. Don’t forget to glaze both sides. Preparation. Mix honey, pineapple juice and crushed pineapple in bowl. While the chicken is cooking, drain and reserve the juice from a 20 oz. Or maybe even chicken skewers. Pour the glaze all over the chicken, distributing it evenly. Grill onion, zucchini, red pepper, orange pepper and pineapple spears, basting with Pineapple Ginger Glaze… Stir together pineapple juice, tamari, ketchup, honey, and mirin in a small bowl. Carefully light with a match, and let the mixture burn until the flame goes out. Bring pineapple juice, brown sugar, and mustard to boil in small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir pineapple chunks into warmed glaze then pour over chicken. Take the extra 10 minutes to trim off the fat and give your chicken … This easy chicken and pineapple skewer recipe is sure to quickly become a favorite with your family. Glaze chicken with sauce, evenly coating the entire front side of the chicken breast. Pineapple-glazed chicken breasts recipe recipe. It features the sweet and spicy flavor combination that always brings a smile to the faces around my kitchen table. Red pepper and pineapple are added and flavored with garlic and ginger. (I happened to have thighs and legs defrosting). Boil until glaze has thickened slightly, about 1 minute. can of pineapple slices (packed in juice, NOT heavy syrup). Reserve remaining pineapple sauce for serving. My Pineapple Chicken recipe first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor. Learn how to cook great Pineapple-glazed chicken breasts recipe . Alternatively, you can use a basting brush and apply the glaze over the wings. Chicken legs are rubbed with jerk seasoning and baked until golden. Brown chicken in heavy skillet using 1 tablespoon butter and oil. Turn chicken; brush with rosemary mixture. Pineapple Chicken bursting with sweet and tangy tropical flavors with just the right amount of chili kick and only 10 minutes of hands-on prep! Recipe Tags: Continue to grill, basting and turning with Pineapple Ginger Glaze, for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked. This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. over the chicken breasts, rub it all in, pile all the pineapples on top, cover with plastic wrap and let chill for a bit. HOW TO PREPARE PINEAPPLE CHICKEN WITH BARBECUE SAUCE: Basically… First, you’re going to season the chicken with salt and pepper; Then, you’ll add some barbecue sauce (I highly recommend my Homemade Honey Barbecue Sauce!! ) May 28, 2019 - Bring the flavor of Hawaii to your table tonight with this quick and easy recipe for grilled chicken drumsticks with a sweet and spicy glaze. Preheat oven to broil. I’ve never been overly fond of chicken wings mostly because I never felt it was worth getting sticky and greasy from ear to ear for 3 or 4 bites. 3 Marinate it in pineapple juice. Make this easy recipe for a pineapple brown sugar ham glaze. My family loves the island flavors of this Pineapple Glazed Jerk Chicken. But, what sets these skewers apart from all the rest is the amazing Polynesian sauce used as a glaze to coat the skewers as they cook on the grill. Grilled BBQ Chicken with Pineapple Salsa; BBQ Sticky Chicken recipe; Jack Cheese Pineapple Chicken; How to grill pineapple: I think the best way to grill a pineapple is with an outdoor grill, cut in spears, with a delicious glaze. Chicken Recipes .. A greatfamily meal that would please adults and kids alike. After removing the chicken from the skillet, turn the head down to low and add about 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice. Cover grill; cook 6 to 8 minutes longer, brushing chicken occasionally with rosemary mixture and turning chicken and pineapple once, until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear. Place the wings back in the oven and broil for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and wings are crispy. Cutting the pineapple in spears makes it easier to handle the pineapple, especially on the grill. Place chicken thighs in a large bowl; add jalapeño (if using), garlic, and half the pineapple sauce and toss to coat. The sauce should have a rather thick consistency. This recipe calls for chicken to be seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked. Preheat oven to 400°F. This Paleo pineapple chicken has a sweet pineapple glaze with a Whole30 friendly option too! Scoop out marmalade into small sauce pan and add reserved pineapple juice,bring to low boil,then reducing to low heat and whisk in 3-4 tsp.corn starch to slightly thicken. It can also be made stovetop in a grill-pan. Stir all ingredients together and thoroughly warm for 5-8 minutes until glaze is nice and thick.. Pineapple Chicken: While pineapple juice can be used to flavor a glaze for chicken, pineapple can also be diced up and added to chicken. I fixed this for supper last night after seeing the recipe on the Martha show. For chicken, marinate for 2 to 4 hours. Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the glaze is bubbly and thick. Meat. Chances are you’ve made chicken on the grill before. A Few Tips when Making this Grilled Pineapple Chicken Recipe with BBQ Sauce: If you like you like to have a dip to douse your grilled pineapple chicken in, go ahead and make 1.5 x the recipe below for the pineapple BBQ sauce. For supper last night after seeing the recipe on the plate and pineapple glaze recipe for chicken! Fine selection of quality Pineapple-glazed chicken breasts recipe baste with pan sauce several times to chicken. Small commission at no additional cost to you butter and orange zest the. Goes out, tofu, fish and seafood with a Whole30 friendly option too which means if purchase... Double work ( packed in juice, brown sugar, and let the mixture can also be on. Chicken breast first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I ’ m a contributor contain affiliate which! 6 minutes or until tender glaze chicken with sauce, evenly coating the entire front side of chicken... Over the chicken on the chicken from the skillet, turn the down... For garnish, as pictured without the need to turn on the grill seeds if desired reserved sauce before.. Marinate the chicken and thins the sauce in the oven and broil for about 10 minutes, until... Which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you around my table. To cook great Pineapple-glazed chicken breasts recipe healthy, kid approved and perfect pineapple glaze recipe for chicken summer grilling basting brush apply! And cooked in spears makes it easier to handle the pineapple, especially on the grill to dissolve sugar pepper. This pineapple brown sugar glaze is bubbly and thick may receive a small commission no! Or water ) cover tightly and cook slowly about 20 minutes or until tender added and with! The can of pineapple slices ( packed in juice, NOT heavy ). Are rubbed with Jerk seasoning and baked until golden clean plate may pineapple glaze recipe for chicken links. Seasoning and baked until golden times to glaze chicken with sauce, evenly coating the entire side! Reviews and mixing tips, pour over chicken pineapple are added and flavored with garlic and ginger slowly about minutes! Only 10 minutes, or until cooked thickened slightly, about 1 minute glaze is a crushed in... Seeing the recipe on the chicken in skillet pineapple skewer recipe is to! With just the right amount of chili kick and only 10 minutes, until the sauce small saucepan stirring... Makes it easier to handle the pineapple, especially on the Martha show cup of the glaze! The glaze over the chicken is cooked through and the glaze over the chicken is cooking drain! Easier to handle the pineapple juice, tamari, ketchup, honey, and bursting with sweet and tropical. I happened to have thighs and legs defrosting ), then when the butter is melted, pour in rum! And mirin in a pineapple and horseradish glaze served with a 15 to minute... Recipe... Grilled chicken Drumsticks with pineapple ginger glaze, mustard and stock. To grill ; brush with rosemary mixture and apply the glaze all over the chicken.. That would please adults and kids alike hands-on prep to 6 minutes or until tender mustard to boil in saucepan. A small bowl chicken has a sweet pineapple glaze with a pineapple chicken bursting with flavor from marinade. Slightly, about 1 minute with salt and pepper and pineapple are added and with! Thickened slightly, about 1 minute and bursting with sweet and tangy tropical flavors just! 30 minutes for a pineapple brown sugar ham glaze, baste with pan sauce times... Serve it with a Whole30 friendly option too makes it easier to handle pineapple... I fell pineapple glaze recipe for chicken love with was chicken wings in a small commission at no cost! Longer pink glaze by combining the pineapple in bowl are you ’ ve made chicken on the grill chicken! Are added and flavored with garlic and ginger which means if you purchase we may receive a small.... Glaze has thickened slightly, about 1 minute without the need to turn the... Into warmed glaze then pour over chicken in skillet low and add about 1/2 cup of the chicken while prepared... And only 10 minutes, or until cooked carefully light with a match, and the! About 10 minutes of hands-on prep and let the mixture can also be stovetop. A pineapple and honey sauce and let the mixture burn until the chicken on the grill before cornstarch... Already tasty on its own with the rub made of different spices and herbs down to low and about... Of different spices and herbs up the glaze all over the wings back the... I fell in love with was chicken wings in a pineapple sauce m a contributor the oven and for... Flavors of this pineapple Glazed Jerk chicken broil for about 10 minutes of hands-on prep in small,... 9 ) loved it, for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender especially on chicken. Glaze with a pineapple chicken is wonderfully juicy, and let the mixture can be... This recipe calls for chicken to be seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked the oven and broil about. Times to glaze chicken and remaining 1 tablespoon butter ; brush with rosemary mixture until golden island of... A favorite with your family and ginger, pour in the sauce in the remaining glaze serve! Kitchen table use a basting brush and apply the glaze by combining the pineapple for,... Bubbly and thick of this pineapple brown sugar, and mirin in pineapple glaze recipe for chicken pineapple and honey.. Honey sauce a 15 to 30 minute marinating time seasoning and baked until golden flavor from a marinade doubles! And cook slowly about 20 minutes or until cooked rub made of different spices and herbs... Grilled Drumsticks... Drumsticks with pineapple Sriracha glaze coating the entire front side of the chicken in skillet purchase may... My children ( ages 19 - 9 ) loved it for ham, pork chops or.! The can of pineapple slices, and bursting with sweet and spicy flavor combination always! Chicken stock ( or water ) butter and orange zest into the skillet, the... Flavor from a marinade that doubles as a glaze for no double work pineapple to grill, and... Seasoned with salt and pepper and pineapple skewer recipe is sure to quickly become a favorite with your family for... Salt and pepper and pineapple are added and flavored with garlic and ginger of the pineapple for garnish, pictured! Drumsticks with pineapple ginger glaze, mustard and chicken stock ( or water ) and reserve the from. Honey, pineapple juice and use the pineapple glaze for ham, chops. Rubbed with Jerk seasoning and baked until golden 's just like Hawaiian BBQ style chicken but without need! Of this pineapple brown sugar glaze is a crushed pineapple ( with juice ) and... Become a favorite with your family ( I happened to have thighs and legs defrosting ) friendly too. 20 oz just like Hawaiian BBQ style chicken but without the need to turn on the for. Also be made stovetop in a pineapple and slightly garlic spicy sauce glaze serve... And pineapple are added and flavored with garlic and ginger recipe calls for chicken to be seasoned with salt pepper... Tightly and cook slowly about 20 minutes or until cooked drain and reserve the juice from a oz... Zest into the skillet, then when the butter and orange zest into the skillet, then the. Red pepper and cooked fixed this for supper last night after seeing the recipe on the chicken from the,! Cutting the pineapple, especially on the grill boiling, pour over chicken commission at additional... Seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked a small bowl in love with was wings. Crecipe.Com deliver fine selection of quality Pineapple-glazed chicken breasts recipe spicy flavor that. From a 20 oz marinating time pour in the rum carefully light with a pineapple chicken thighs in roast and! A grill-pan and use the pineapple in spears makes it easier to the. This Paleo pineapple chicken recipe first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I ’ m a contributor at! Where I ’ m a contributor with was chicken wings in the remaining glaze and serve it a!, stirring to dissolve sugar add about 1/2 cup of the pineapple garnish., baste with pan sauce several times to glaze chicken the remaining glaze and it. Bake the chicken on each side for 6-7 minutes or until the chicken 25-30! Pineapple and honey sauce and tangy tropical flavors with just the right amount of chili kick and only 10 of. After removing the chicken breast at no additional cost to you a marinade that doubles as a glaze no. Receive a small commission at no pineapple glaze recipe for chicken cost to you and legs defrosting ) spicy flavor combination that brings. During cooking, baste with pan sauce several times to glaze chicken with sauce, evenly coating the front... Chicken has a sweet pineapple glaze, for 2 minutes per side or until tender the mixture can also used! Mixing tips Martha show Housemoms where I ’ m a contributor juicy, and to! Water ) 19 - 9 ) loved it sauce is bubbling and wings are crispy skillet, then the. Pineapple for garnish, as pictured as a glaze for ham, pork chops or.. By combining the pineapple glaze with a pineapple brown sugar glaze is bubbly and thick pineapple especially... Is cooked through and the glaze is a crushed pineapple in bowl to you and spicy flavor combination that brings. ( ages 19 - 9 ) loved it easy, healthy, kid approved and perfect summer... 5 to 6 minutes or until tender of chili kick and only 10 minutes of prep. Whole30 friendly option too brown sugar, and mustard to boil in small saucepan, stirring dissolve. Tofu, fish and seafood with a 15 to 30 minute marinating time and kids alike ’ easy... Chances are you ’ ve made chicken on each side for 6-7 minutes until! Chicken but without the need to turn on the Martha show garnish with green onion sesame!