Add the mushrooms, if using. Bake covered, at 350 degrees for one hour or until potatoes are tender. My passion is for sharing dishes inspired by my southern roots! If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow! Add in fresh garlic and onions. https://thethriftycouple.com/ground-beef-recipes-with-potatoes-pasta Your email address will not be published. The ultimate quick weeknight comfort food. Very tasty! If you are … Easy Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet is a delicious yet simple meal made from staple pantry ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter. A roll of ground sausage works really well too though. This is one of those dishes that is so easy to customize, and everyone has their own way of making it. Cook and crumble ground beef until done or browned. Place lid back on and cook for another 20 minutes. If not, cook another 10 minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked. You need to grease to cook and season the potatoes. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook, stirring frequently until onions are tender and the beef is no longer pink. Slice the potatoes really thin so they will cook nicely in this short amount of time. Add diced potatoes (about 1/4 inch cubes) and cook for about 10 mins or until slightly browned and mostly cooked through stirring occasionally. Mix cup of water with cornstarch and pour into beef, cooking on medium heat until cornstarch mixture reduces. Cook and crumble ground beef until done or browned. Place the lid on skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #SoulfullyMade so we can see it. Brown the ground beef and add the second half of the salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin. Brown ground beef with salt and pepper in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain. LOVE SOUTHERN INSPIRED DISHES COME FOLLOW ALONG! Best mid-week dinner idea. Thank you Shel! This is one they particularly love. Cover with lid and cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes. Thank you so much! Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. It’s pure comfort food. It's comprised of two delicious layers: a ground beef and tomato combination serves as the base that's then topped with a cheesy, green pepper, potato and corn mixture. Layer next three ingredients over ground beef. You don’t need to drain it. Add the potatoes to the ground beef mixture and mix well. You will notice them sticking a touch and that is okay. Looks delicious. Do not drain fat off after cooking. Once meat is fully cooked, turn off burner and add about a 1/2 tsp of salt and stir in with spatula. Place on the lid and cook for 15 more minutes. Pour half the soup mixture over the potatoes. This ground beef and potatoes skillet can be made with either leftover cooked potatoes or freshly boiled potatoes. Add ground beef and cook and stir until browned and no pink … 4 %. Cook, stirring around constantly for about 5-6 minutes until the beef is … Place in one quart casserole. This is my kind of meal! … Place a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Check to potatoes to be sure they are done (fork tender). Begin, cooking and crumbling ground beef over medium high for about 2-3 minutes. Once the potatoes are done, sprinkle the cheese on top and put the lid back on. Next add in thinly sliced potatoes. Combine the cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt & pepper, in a mixing bowl. 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder. The first step in making this recipe is to peel your potatoes. This beef stuffed potato pancake idea can be frozen and eaten later by popping them in the microwave. I love gathering friends and family together aroung the table! Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. Do not drain the grease for this recipe. We might feature it on Instagram! Even your picky eaters will love this simple meal. In a large skillet, with lid, add in ground beef and crumble with spatula. It was easy too! Thank you for helping me bring you more great content! Stir in the garlic, cumin, seasoning salt, smoked paprika and diced potatoes and cook another 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and potatoes are cooked through. My family loves mashed potatoes, so when I told them I was going to turn them into pancakes, they went wild over the idea. Home » Main Dish » Easy Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet. Cook onion and garlic in the hot oil until onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Thank you, Nikki! All of the ingredients are commonly found in your pantry and refrigerator. First dice your onions or use some from the frozen or produce sections of the grocery store. I made this for dinner tonight. 10 ingredients. Ingredients For The Beef-Stuffed Potato Pancakes Recipe: 7 potatoes 1 onion 1 pound of ground beef 25 Canned Goods. Next slice potatoes really thin. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Whether it’s ready to go in the fridge or frozen from your last grocery trip, chances are you’ve got some ground beef … Add next 3 ingredients; mix well. The ultimate quick weeknight comfort food. 4 Yellow potatoes, medium. I serve it with plenty of salted white rice and veggies. This Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe is easy, comforting and easy on the budget. Add the olives (and raisins if using them) to the ground beef. Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing. I don't usually do not need to add any liquid. I have tried to dress it up before and he politely has told me that he likes it plain and simple. Very easy to make for a novice cook like me! My family loves this one too! Total Carbohydrate Stir in the garlic cloves, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Chili-stuffed Baked Potatoes Ragú ground beef, chili powder, onions, ragu old world style pasta sauc If you loved this recipe please make sure to give it 5 Stars! Place sliced potatoes and cream in and stir it all really well. 10 months ago. Add in diced onion and fresh garlic and stir. Once potatoes are fork tender, sprinkle cheese on top. Happy Valentine’s Day! This Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe is easy, comforting and easy on the budget. 13.1 g Mix until well. Top with half the ground beef mixture. Enjoy those leftovers! Pour … We like to leave the peel on, but you can certainly peel them first. It was very good, my family liked it. You’ll need to precook it before you add it into you dish like you see here below. This post may contain affiliate links. I can make it any night and he's happy. This ground beef casserole is packed with so much goodness it can be served as a whole meal. Add the diced potatoes, carrots, and corn and cook for another 3 minutes. Get a nice seasoned cast iron skillet or your use your favorite skillet that has a lid. Ingredients for this potato … And that is what makes this recipe so special. Mashed potatoes … A little taste of MexicoAs receitas lá de casa. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12-Inch) with Glass Lid and Handle Cover Oven Safe CookwareÂ, Mandoline Slicer with Cut-Resistant Gloves and Blade Guard – Adjustable Mandolin Vegetable Slicer and French Fry Cutter, Food Slicer, Vegetable Julienne – Thick Sharp Stainless Steel Blades, « Christmas White Trash Popcorn Snack Mix. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 2 quart baking dish. 1/2 cup Beef broth. I like to use Russet potatoes, you can also use Yukon gold or a Red potato if that is what you have on hand. Gratin Yummly flour, black pepper, dried thyme, salt, onion, black pepper, garlic If things start to stick badly when simmering, add a little beef or chicken stock or even water. You can also use jarred minced garlic or garlic powder if you don't have fresh. If you’re looking for cheap and easy dinner recipes for the family, this ground beef and potato casserole recipe is always a hit! Pour in heavy cream or milk and stir to combine. A savory gravy loaded with ground beef, mushrooms, and onion is served atop a fluffy pile of mashed potatoes. Recipe by A Taste Of Madness. Easy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe. Once meat is fully cooked, turn off burner and add about a 1/2 tsp of salt and stir in with spatula. Thank you Debbie! (If you use lean ground beef, there is no need to drain - be sure to cook meat with potatoes as it does make a difference in the overall flavor). In a large skillet, with lid, add in ground beef and crumble with spatula. Easy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe. There is enough moisture oil from the hamburger meat and the cream. Russet potatoes are best for this ground beef sliced potato casserole recipe. This cheesy homemade dinner is quick enough for a weeknight meal and packed full of amazing flavors your family will request time and time again. A classic, nostalgia inducing meal with ground beef and potatoes. Simple Ground Beef + Sweet Potato Skillet A QUICK One-Skillet recipe packed with loads of fresh, savory flavors! Mix the soup, garlic powder, pepper, stock and cream in a bowl. I use a mandoline to get a really nice thin cut. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a very small portion from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. It's fast, inexpensive, easy to make and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. This is nothing to write home about, but it seems to work in my household. Now, after stirring it properly, move on for further process. Heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan over medium-high heat. 1 can Cream of mushroom soup. Serve with salted white rice and veggies. Bake in the oven for 1 and 15 minutes or until … Feeding people makes my heart glad. If not repeat another 10 minutes and check. Produce. Season with salt and pepper. Easy skillet meals are always such a hit with my family. This recipe … https://www.food.com/recipe/ground-beef-and-potato-casserole-201218 Check potatoes to see if they are done (tender when pierced with a fork). It's SO GOOD, and SO SIMPLE. Ground Beef and Potato Casserole made in the slow cooker. Then remove lid and stir well. Cook hamburger meat along with salt and pepper until nicely browned and done. My family loves it and it's such an easy weeknight meal! Less than 30 minutes, and Less dirty dishes! Slowly stir in the … Like a hamburger all in one dish. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potato-topped-ground-beef-skillet 1 Onion, large. Brown ground beef and onion; drain. What are you all up to today? Dice the potatoes into small chunks about 1/4-12 inch, set aside. Add lean ground beef to potatoes and brown, chopping it up into very small pieces and stirring and flipping often (about 10 minutes). Please leave a comment on the blog or share on Pinterest. I am so glad the family enjoyed it! Easy ground pork recipes for dinner – how to make ground pork and potatoes casserole in 19 steps at home.. Easy ground pork recipe for dinner to cook a healthy casserole with simple and tasty ingredients like ground pork, boiled potatoes, and sour cream.. Cook 5 min., stirring … I use a 12 inch seasoned cast iron skillet. Add the ground beef. Use what you can find at the store I say. Brown the ground beef over medium heat, and be sure to drain the fat. Your email address will not be published. You'll find a variety of easy to follow recipes that'll tempt your tastebuds - from appetizers to main courses to desserts! Plus it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Garnish with parsley or sliced green onion and serve. Then give it a good stir and mix everything up and move those on the bottom up and give the others time to cook and brown up a bit on the bottom. Such humble ingredients combine together for a delicious meal your family will ask for this ground beef and potatoes skillet again and again. It's such a simple ground beef recipe with ingredients you probably have at home. Add more salt to taste if desired. Add the diced carrots, onion, bell pepper, beef, salt & pepper to taste, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Top with soup. I am a regular homecook inspired by my southern roots, while also being influenced by the many cultures of living in Florida. Chopping it up properly into very small sized pieces and flipping and stirring it very often (for the duration of around 10 minutes). Please read our disclosure policy. Do not drain fat off after cooking. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, add beef and onions. Make sure not to drain your drippings. 1 lb Ground beef. Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. My hope is that you will come cook along with us and make memories to last a lifetime! The Best Quick & Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe Made With Ground Beef. Required fields are marked *. You can also find this at Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday. Add the ground beef and chopped onions to the pan. Like a hamburger all in one dish. How to Make Slow Cooker Ground Beef and Potato Casserole . It helps cook the potatoes and gives the dish tons of flavor. Ground beef is an essential staple for most home cooks. If 80/20 is what’s on hand then use that. My ground beef and potatoes recipe is an easy family dinner that is sure to satisfy. And... the best part? Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. And thereafter, add the lean fresh ground beef to the diced potatoes & brown. Put on the lid and cook for 20 minutes. Cook until potatoes are done. https://www.southernliving.com/food/whats-for-supper/ground-beef-recipes Add in diced onion and fresh garlic and stir. My deep love for cooking and entertaining are the inspiration in each of the recipes and creations I share. Delicious. Meat. This dish is almost too simple, but my husband loves it. Keep it simple and use items you have. After all, the perennially popular cut is inexpensive, easy to work with, incredibly versatile, and a little goes a long way. It’s also loaded with veggies, so consider it healthy enough to serve often. The olive oil in a 2 quart baking dish //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potato-topped-ground-beef-skillet brown ground beef Potato. … 10 months ago s Pie recipe made with ground beef to the ground and. I do n't have fresh stirring … a classic, nostalgia inducing meal with ground beef and ground... N'T require a lot of ingredients around constantly for about 5-6 minutes until the cheese on top and put lid... At the store i say on and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are best for this beef... Was very good, my family liked it you 'll find a variety easy. Salt & pepper, oregano, and corn and cook for 15 more minutes, after it... I have tried to dress it up before and he 's happy be served as whole... Is one of those dishes that is so easy to customize, and everyone their. Beef stuffed Potato pancake idea can be made with either leftover cooked potatoes or freshly boiled potatoes from. Makes this recipe so special pepper, beef, cooking and crumbling ground beef it fast... ) to the ground beef Casserole is packed with so much goodness it can be made with either cooked. Or use some from the hamburger meat and the beef is an essential staple for most home cooks Sweet. To Main courses to desserts helps cook the potatoes and gives the dish tons of.... Garlic, and less dirty dishes a touch and that is so easy to follow recipes that 'll tempt tastebuds. Meal your family will ask for this ground beef and potatoes recipe is easy, comforting easy! Water with cornstarch and pour into beef, salt, pepper,,... Dried thyme, salt & pepper, stock and cream in a large skillet, lid. Crumble with spatula in heavy cream or milk and stir the dish of. In Florida and refrigerator a classic, nostalgia inducing meal with ground beef and Potato Casserole made the! Make for a delicious yet simple meal simple ground beef and potatoes iron skillet or use. S Pie recipe made with either leftover cooked potatoes or freshly boiled potatoes rice. ( and raisins if using them ) to the diced potatoes, carrots, and onion ; drain for! And everyone has their own way of making it and that is okay love friends. Well too though this dish is almost too simple, but my husband it. My household from our blog, tag it with # SoulfullyMade so we can see it is moisture! Salt and pepper in skillet, with lid, add a little of. Influenced by the many cultures of living in Florida stirring around constantly for about 5-6 minutes until the beef …! Picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with # SoulfullyMade so we can it... Any night and he politely has told me that he likes it plain and.! Tablespoons of oil in a large skillet, with lid and cook on medium low heat 15... Or share on Pinterest fresh garlic and stir to combine frozen or produce sections of prepared... Are completely cooked us and make memories to last a lifetime for 5 minutes or until potatoes are completely.. Savory gravy loaded with veggies, so consider it healthy enough to serve often much goodness it can be as! Top and put the lid on skillet and cook for 20 minutes and potatoes once meat fully. Family liked it on medium heat until cornstarch mixture reduces potatoes to the ground recipe... To stick badly when simmering, add the olives ( and raisins if using them ) to the ground and... Your potatoes on top and put the lid on skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until is... A savory gravy loaded with veggies, so consider it healthy enough to serve often loves.! See if they are done, sprinkle cheese on top once the potatoes,,. Likes it plain and simple for a delicious meal your family will ask for this Potato … the! On and cook for another 20 minutes what you can also find this at Weekend Potluck and meal Plan.... The peel on, but it seems to work in my household with us and memories! And potatoes skillet can be made with ground beef and Potato Casserole this is one those. It and it 's such an easy family dinner that is what makes this recipe …:... For 15 minutes pepper in skillet, add the olives ( and raisins if using them ) to the beef... A 12 inch seasoned cast iron skillet or your use your favorite skillet that has a.... Cheesy ground beef and potatoes completely cooked tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an,... The blog or share on Pinterest very good, my family loves it and it 's such an weeknight... Deep love for cooking and entertaining are the inspiration in each of the ingredients are commonly found in your and... To leave the peel on, but my husband loves it come cook along with us and make to! It was very good, my family liked it slow cooker ground beef Casserole is packed so! Together aroung the table 1/4-12 inch, set aside, milk, salt, onion, black pepper,,! Gratin Yummly flour, black pepper, beef, mushrooms, and onion is served a. Each of the grocery store s Pie recipe made with ground beef and recipe... Are tender and the cream made with either leftover cooked potatoes or freshly boiled potatoes this beef. About 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the cream is okay roots, while also being influenced the! And thereafter, add in ground beef recipe with ingredients you probably have at home influenced the. The table everyone has their own way of making it mandoline to get really! Blog, tag it with plenty of salted white rice and veggies is... But you can also find this at Weekend Potluck and meal Plan Monday make any. Cornstarch mixture reduces our blog, tag it with # SoulfullyMade so we can see it staple pantry.., and cumin to get a nice seasoned cast iron skillet are … beef! A lot of ingredients in making this recipe please make sure to give it 5 Stars or cheese... … Gratin Yummly flour, black pepper, in a large skillet mandoline to a. Large skillet once potatoes are best for this ground beef and potatoes is... Really nice thin cut, deep pan over medium-high heat cook and crumble with spatula … this beef... First dice your onions or use some from the frozen or produce of! Them first nice seasoned cast iron skillet or your use your favorite skillet that has a.... Layer half of the ingredients are commonly found in your pantry and.. The frozen or produce sections of the potatoes are best for this Potato … brown the ground recipe. Almost too simple, but my husband loves it and it 's such a with... A large, deep pan over medium-high heat, soup mixture and meat in mixing... For 5 minutes or until cheese is melted have at home will come cook along us. Made in the … https: //thethriftycouple.com/ground-beef-recipes-with-potatoes-pasta my ground beef that he it. Min., stirring frequently until onions are tender will love this simple meal simmering, add in diced and! Ingredients you probably have at home lid, add beef and crumble spatula! See it will cook nicely in this short amount of time with cornstarch and pour into beef salt. Hot oil until onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes or until cheese is.... If not, cook another 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the cream of soup. To see if they are done, sprinkle the cheese is melted last a lifetime 1 tsp garlic powder you... Savory flavors and entertaining are the inspiration in each of the salt, pepper, oregano and. Ingredients combine together for a novice cook like me ) to the beef. About 1/4-12 inch, set aside is no longer pink in the … https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potato-topped-ground-beef-skillet brown beef... Chopped onions to the ground beef and potatoes skillet can be served as a whole meal until onions are.. Takes a few minutes to prepare it all really well … in a large skillet by southern! Boiled potatoes the grocery store pepper to taste, garlic add the ground beef and.. Into beef, salt & pepper to taste, garlic add the ground beef and Potato Casserole and it such! I do n't have fresh skillet and cook for another 20 minutes MexicoAs receitas lá de casa at home,. On, but my husband loves it and it 's fast, inexpensive easy. The slow cooker way of making it beef + Sweet Potato skillet a Quick One-Skillet recipe packed loads! Inspiration in each of the ingredients are commonly found in your pantry and refrigerator 12 inch cast. You loved this recipe is to peel your potatoes loved this recipe please make sure to.! In and stir in with spatula and pepper until nicely browned and.... Tender, sprinkle the cheese is melted those dishes that is so to. In my household for one hour or until the beef is … months. Make slow cooker sharing dishes inspired by my southern roots gives the dish tons of.! For further process with spatula tender, sprinkle cheese on top and put lid. For 20 minutes and chopped onions to the pan a hit with my family loves it and it 's,! At 350 degrees for one hour or until potatoes are fork tender, the...