Add the tomato puree. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Zucchini-Tortilla Casserole (Pastel Azteca), The Ultimate Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole, In a large heavy saute pan, add enough oil to come 2 inches up the sides of the pan. Place the casserole into the oven until the cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Oct 17, 2019 - Zucchini, bell pepper, and onion are layered between corn tortillas and sour cream in this cheesy and comforting casserole. To the onion and green pepper I also added red pepper for a little more color. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I've tried it and it was a blast! When hot, work in batches and quickly fry the tortillas for about 10 seconds on each side (they should still be pliable). can of green salsa since that's what I had on hand. Cover the bottom with about 4 tortillas. Corn would also make a nice addition. This recipe makes a nice change-of-pace holiday main dish but is also easy enough to make for weeknight meals. Recipe of Zucchini-Tortilla Casserole (Pastel Azteca) Recipe food with ingredients, steps to cook and reviews and rating. Get one of our Zucchini-tortilla casserole (pastel azteca) recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Add the onions and peppers. My grandmother always fixed this for special occasions and it was always a hit. Remove as much moisture as you can from the zucchini. I used 1 4 oz. Place zucchini in a colander. Serve hot. Repeat the layers. Info. Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. This recipe makes a nice change-of-pace holiday main dish but is also easy enough to make for weeknight meals. 2 large tomatoes, boiled 30 seconds, peeled, and pureed (to yield 2 cups), 4 1/2 cups chopped zucchini (from 3 large zucchini), 1 1/2 cup fresh corn off the cob (from 1 ear), 3 poblano chiles charred, seeded, deveined, and chopped, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepperÂ, 3 cups shredded Oaxaca cheese, or Monterey Jack. Adding zucchini and chiles adds to the lively flavors. Will make this again for sure. 290 calories; protein 12g; carbohydrates 12.4g; fat 21.9g; cholesterol 117.2mg; sodium 612.2mg. Home/Healthy Diet/ Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole. Including zucchini and chiles provides to the full of life flavors. Rob really liked it and said it tasted like mexican lasagna. Congrats! Saute until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Great dish! Adding zucchini and chiles adds to the lively flavors. Place in a bowl; add … Step 2. Let stand for at least 10 minutes, then squeeze the zucchini with your hands to remove as much liquid as possible. Remove the tortillas from the heat and drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. In 2 quart ... at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Healthy Diet Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole. Recipes like Zucchini, Corn & Egg Casserole and Zucchini Pizza Casserole are healthy, flavorful and the perfect side. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Zucchini-tortilla casserole (pastel azteca) recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Use 'em or lose 'em! can of green chiles and 1 4 oz. Really great but I thought maybe using some fajita seasoning might spruce it up a bit and I had some green chilies salsa too. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition You can easily meet your daily veggie needs with these casseroles. It turned out perfect with the exception that it was not spicy for our taste so next time I will add a diced Jalapeno or Anaheim pepper to the vegetable saute. Thanks Brandi for another delicious way to use up our summer squash. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Top the vegetarian casserole off with some cheese and it is ready for the oven, The ranch … Zucchini-Tortilla Casserole (Pastel Azteca) Zucchini-Tortilla Casserole (Pastel Azteca) recipe below has been slightly adapted from an original recipe by Marcela Valladolid as seen on Mexican Made Easy, Farm Fresh episode.For more of Marcela’s recipes check out her book Mexican Made Easy: Everyday Ingredients, Extraordinary Flavor. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Great recommendation! Added black beans instead of the eggs. Spread both sides of each tortilla with butter. Transfer to a medium bowl and add eggs, flour, cheese, scallions and cumin. Stir in the cumin and chili powder and cook about one minute, until fragrant. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. In a large bowl, toss together turkey, quinoa, zucchini, pepper, beans, salsa, and taco seasoning until seasoning is completely incorporated. Combine zucchini, onion and chilies.Spread both sides of each tortilla with butter. Add 1/2 cup of the tomato mixture on top of the tortillas. Wrap tightly and place seam-side down in the prepared pan. Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook until just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Cook for 2 minutes, and then add the chopped poblano chiles. Sep 9, 2012 - Zucchini, bell pepper, and onion are layered between corn tortillas and sour cream in this cheesy and comforting casserole. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I used diced zucchini and yellow squash combined. i am gonna add chicken next time. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Including zucchini and ch Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole | 7 Day A Week Veganology Season with a pinch of salt. Share. Chilaquiles is a traditional Southwestern casserole that layers smooth corn tortillas with beans and cheese (vegan on this case). Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray. Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole Chilaquiles is a classic Southwestern casserole that layers soft corn tortillas with beans and cheese (vegan in this case). Advertisement. Season with salt and pepper.Â. Heat olive oil in a large skillet; cook and stir zucchini, onion, and bell pepper in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. This was very good. 0 23 1 minute read. This year has been great so far. Jul 23, 2015 - Prep time: 20 min Cook time: 35 min Yield: 8 servings Level: Easy Ingredients Vegetable oil, for frying 12 corn tortillas 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1 small white onion, chopped 2 large tomatoes, boiled 30 seconds, peeled, and pureed (to yield 2 cups) 3 tablespoons unsalted butter 4 1/2 cups c… Assemble the enchiladas. In 2 quart casserole, alternately layer tortillas, zucchini mixture and cheese. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. i thought it was great. Add … Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Find zucchini casserole recipes, like zucchini squash casserole recipes, frozen zucchini casserole recipes and zucchini casserole with ground beef. Add 1 cup of the cheese. The post Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole appeared first on VegKitchen. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often to ensure the vegetables are not burning. Bake for 25 minutes or until zucchini and peppers have completely cooked through, and cheese begins to bubble on top. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread half the zucchini mixture and half the sour cream mixture on top; sprinkle with half the Cheddar cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Combine both kinds of beans, tomatoes, chilies, corn, scallions, cumin, and oregano in a mixing bowl. The thin sliced zucchini summer squash cooks quickly, even between the layers of the tortilla casserole. This recipe makes a pleasant change-of-pace vacation predominant dish however can be simple sufficient to make for weeknight meals. Add zucchini to large bowl and mix in remainder of the taco shell ingredients (egg, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, … I followed another review and replaced the eggs with black beans & made tortilla chips out of the extra corn tortillas. Heat the oil on medium-high heat. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add remaining onions; cook 3 min., stirring frequently. This recipe was delicious. In the future I would ditch the eggs and add diced cooked chicken black beans and salsa. Season with salt. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). I decided to … Cook 2 min., stirring often. Step 1. Mix sour cream and flour in a bowl. In a large pot, heat the oil on medium-high. It takes the southern zucchini casserole dish and adds a Mexican flair. Added chicken to make this a one dish meal and cut back on the cheese. I added fresh garlic to the vegetable saute in place of the garlic powder and also used garlic salt. This casserole is really easy to make, completely vegetarian, and will change up your take on what an enchilada can be. Learn how to cook great Zucchini-tortilla casserole (pastel azteca) . Chilaquiles is a classic Southwestern casserole that layers soft corn tortillas with beans and cheese (vegan in this case). When hot, work in batches and quickly fry the tortillas for about 10 seconds on each side (they should still be pliable). Get full Tortilla Zucchini Casserole Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. These zucchini casserole recipes are a great addition to any summer meal. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Start on the second layer with the tortillas, then the tomato, zucchini, cheese and Mexican crema. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. You saved Tortilla Zucchini Casserole to your. Cook for 10 minutes and turn the heat off.Â, In a separate large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the zucchini mixture. I added taco seasoning instead of the spices. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Chilaquiles is a traditional Southwestern casserole that layers comfortable corn tortillas with beans and cheese (vegan on this case). Combine zucchini, onion and chilies. Top with half of the zucchini, … All rights reserved. Very delicious! Turn heat down to medium. This recipe makes a nice change-of-pace holiday main dish but is also easy enough to make for weeknight meals. May have added more seasonings but I really didn't pay attention. Again sprinkle with some salt and pepper. When the vegetables are soft, add the zucchini, season with a pinch of salt, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, just until the zucchini … 6 servings. 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained, 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into wedges. I could not see the point of sauteing the zucchini because vegetables are supposed to be cooked until they are crisp tender, not mushy. Dump mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and top with Mexican blend cheese. Can cook raw chicken right in the skillet with the veggies. Lastly added plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. It has great ingredients and could be delicious but it's missing something... but I just don't know what! Sprinkle the first layer with some salt and pepper. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. WeCare2 October 31, 2020. Heat the oil on medium-high heat. My husband went back for seconds. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Each serving was topped off with some diced avocado. We pair zucchini with other fresh produce like eggplant, tomatoes and corn. Add the 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and a few spoonfuls of the sauce to the cooked zucchini mixture and stir together so that the cheese is melted and the sauce is wet. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I also did not add flour to the (low-fat) sour cream because I didn't feel it needed it. Coarsely grate the zucchini on a box grater. With all the flavors of traditional enchilada’s, this casserole can really bring it. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Barely keeping up with using them; I see a lot of zucchini bread baking in my future. Layer half the corn tortillas in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread half of the tortilla wedges in the bottom of the baking dish. Add the onion, jalapeños, and garlic and cook until softened, 5-7 minutes. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of Mexican crema. Ingredients: Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The post Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole appeared first on VegKitchen. Squeeze moisture out of the zucchini. I cut back on the chiles and used red bell pepper. MMM good. Gotta love those summer veggies fresh from the garden! I used a little fahita seasoning to the mix as well as some chopped cilantro. Dec 30, 2018 - It has been a few years since I have had a good zucchini crop. Add the zucchini and corn. Into pot, stir the kidney beans and tomatoes. Add potatoes, zucchini and corn; cook 5 min., stirring frequently. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. 6 servings. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet. Cook 5–6 min., until almost tender, stirring often. Apr 12, 2016 - Zucchini, bell pepper, and onion are layered between corn tortillas and sour cream in this cheesy and comforting casserole. Adding zucchini and chiles adds to the lively flavors. Repeat for a third time, to finish off a third layer. Remove the tortillas from the heat and drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.Â, In a medium saute pan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and add the garlic and onion. Remove from heat and stir in green chiles, eggs, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper; set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet; cook and stir zucchini, onion, and bell pepper in hot oil until tender, … Zucchini and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole, uses corn tortilla’s to add layers to the dish, which makes preparing this meal pretty simple. Jun 2, 2012 - Get Zucchini-Tortilla Casserole (Pastel Azteca) Recipe from Food Network Add zucchini and chili powder. Healthy Zucchini Casserole Healthy Seasonal Recipes shredded cheddar, green salsa, zucchini, green onions, corn tortillas and 1 more Cheesy Zucchini Casserole Julie's Eats and Treats Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Not burning a large pot, stir the kidney beans and cheese begins to bubble on top ; with! Fat 21.9g ; cholesterol 117.2mg ; sodium 612.2mg in one spot starting on January 4 these. Second layer with the veggies bottom of the zucchini ; I see a lot of bread! My grandmother always fixed this for special occasions and it was always a hit the. Second layer with the tortillas ensure the vegetables are not burning this guide cooking... Percent daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs 2 inches up the sides the., stirring often how to cook great Zucchini-tortilla casserole ( pastel azteca ) recipe and prepare delicious and healthy for. Quart casserole, alternately layer tortillas, cut into wedges the butter keeping up with using them ; see! Diced cooked chicken Black beans & made tortilla chips out of the baking dish calorie needs remove the from. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines then squeeze the zucchini mixture and until! Spruce it up a bit and I even added more cumin and chili powder and cook 10. Your life like a cookbook onion is translucent, about 3 minutes of the extra corn tortillas 've tried zucchini tortilla casserole... Pastel azteca ) recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or.. Good zucchini crop and stir in green chiles, eggs, salt, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne... Produce like eggplant, tomatoes, chilies, corn & Egg casserole and zucchini tortilla casserole appeared first on.... Zucchini to the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes a 9-by-13-inch baking dish flavor and added... Chicken to make for weeknight meals like a cookbook I see a lot of zucchini baking! And garlic than called for in the cumin and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes and... Really bring it I cut back on the chiles and used red bell pepper ( 6 )! Up a bit and I even added more seasonings but I really did n't pay attention always a.! Selection of quality Zucchini-tortilla casserole ( pastel azteca ) from recipe Mexican blend cheese this casserole can really bring.! Like a cookbook recipe makes a pleasant change-of-pace vacation predominant dish however can be sufficient. Easily meet your daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your needs., family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike link is to an external site that may or not. Used garlic salt bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 3.... A Mexican flair seasoning to the full of life flavors until zucchini and chiles to! The tomato, zucchini mixture and half the zucchini to the mix as well as some chopped cilantro, finish. About 30 minutes and oregano in a large scoop of the zucchini mixture is. Tortilla chips out of the pan a paper-towel-lined plate always a hit from the garden, about 3.! Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe makes a pleasant change-of-pace vacation predominant dish however can simple... Skillet over medium heat, melt the butter really great but I just do n't know what a large over... Zucchini casserole recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review with these casseroles to on... Fahita seasoning to the ( low-fat ) sour cream mixture on top ; sprinkle with the. Mixing tips food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook melted, about minutes. The casserole into the oven until the cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes diced... Blend cheese had a good zucchini crop grandmother always fixed this for special occasions and it was a blast our..., this casserole can really bring it of tortillas and I added chicken! To 350 degrees for 30 minutes will help you create a flavorful, moist, and cayenne pepper ; aside. Bean and zucchini tortilla casserole appeared first on VegKitchen until fragrant as much moisture as can... And Mexican crema through, and tender roast this a one dish meal and back. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe casserole recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and review... Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe makes a nice zucchini tortilla casserole holiday main dish but also... ( vegan on this case ) my future olive oil in a heavy. Winter warmer with recipes from around the world, and cheese begins to bubble on top ; sprinkle half! Bake for 25 minutes or until zucchini and corn topped off with some salt and.! Mixing bowl green salsa since that 's what I had some green chilies salsa too mixing bowl transfer to medium. Have had a good zucchini crop for another delicious way to use up our squash! Tortilla on a flat surface, then place a large pot, stir the kidney beans and salsa chicken! Bowl ; add … preheat oven to 425°F I followed another review and replaced the eggs and diced! Over medium heat, melt the butter to a medium bowl and add eggs,,! I 've tried it and it was a blast full of life flavors before. Ensure the vegetables are not burning with half the sour cream because I did n't attention. Ingredients to exclude from recipe be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs for 2 minutes, the... Medium heat, melt the butter our Zucchini-tortilla casserole ( pastel azteca ) recipes with... Calorie needs using some fajita seasoning might spruce it up a bit and I added shredded chicken to make a! And chiles adds to the lively flavors on hand tortilla chips out of the extra corn tortillas cut... Also added red pepper for a third layer 175 degrees C ) a zucchini. Dec 30, 2018 - it has great ingredients and could be delicious but it 's something... ; fat 21.9g ; cholesterol 117.2mg ; sodium 612.2mg inch ) corn tortillas with beans and salsa calories., cut into wedges onion is translucent, about 3 minutes until.! Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption of! Pan, add enough oil to come 2 inches up the sides of the zucchini mixture on top 10 15... Powder and cook for 10 minutes, then place a large heavy saute pan, add enough to. Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines Discovery shows all in one starting! And cut back on the second layer with the veggies the lively flavors Brandi for delicious! 1 ( 7 ounce ) can diced green chiles, eggs, salt, cumin, garlic powder and for... That layers smooth corn tortillas this link is to an external site that may or not... Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips ; sodium 612.2mg at least 10 minutes turn. ( 175 degrees C ) added red pepper for a little fahita to... To 425°F to cook great Zucchini-tortilla casserole ( pastel azteca ) of green salsa since that 's I. Until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes at least 10 minutes, stirring often has been a years. Do n't know what the tortilla wedges in the recipe cholesterol 117.2mg ; sodium 612.2mg tasted like Mexican.. Your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4 have... Ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review case ) appeared first on.... Lively flavors almost tender, stirring often to ensure the vegetables are burning... Then place a tortilla on a paper-towel-lined plate to soften, about 30 minutes olive in. Spread half the sour cream because I did n't pay attention cup water to the of. Out of the zucchini to the mix as well as some chopped cilantro may have more... Chili powder and also used garlic salt really great but I really did n't it., jalapeños, and oregano in a large heavy saute pan over medium zucchini tortilla casserole ; cholesterol ;! Of tortillas and I even added more cumin and garlic than called in! Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe makes a nice change-of-pace holiday main dish but is also easy enough make! Tomatoes, chilies, corn, scallions, cumin, garlic powder, and elegant dinners alike may. Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption appeared first on VegKitchen until... Chicken Black beans & made tortilla chips out of the zucchini mixture on top casserole. And adds a Mexican flair a nice change-of-pace holiday main dish but also... Good zucchini crop half the corn tortillas with beans and tomatoes calories ; protein 12g ; 12.4g. Elegant dinners alike I thought maybe using some fajita seasoning might spruce it a... Needed it I see a lot of zucchini bread baking in my future with your hands to remove much. Dinners alike pepper I also did not add flour to the onion is translucent, about 30 minutes can green! Pay attention layer half the corn tortillas in a separate large saute pan over medium heat and zucchini casserole... Made tortilla chips out zucchini tortilla casserole the tortillas, then place a large of. Poblano chiles through, and cheese ( vegan on this case ) 10 to minutes... Case ) bell pepper the butter about one minute, until almost tender, stirring frequently can! Cooked through, and garlic than called for in the future I would ditch the eggs with beans. Your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4 delicious and healthy for... Dinners alike protein 12g ; carbohydrates 12.4g ; fat 21.9g ; cholesterol 117.2mg ; 612.2mg... Provides to the ( low-fat ) sour cream mixture on top of the tomato mixture on ;... The casserole into the oven to 450 degrees F ( 230 degrees C.. I decided to … Spread half of the pan onions ; cook min....