This comforting lentil, kale, and Italian sausage soup, with just a hint of garam masala, is great for cold winter days. Add olive oil to a large stock pot and bring to medium heat. Sausage and lentil soup is a the perfect blend of vegetables, Italian sausage and tender lentils that will leave you with a smile when you take a taste. Add sausageand cook, breaking up meat witha wooden spoon, until golden brown,about 5 minutes. To make the lentil soup, saute the onion, garlic, celery and carrot in olive oil over low to medium heat for 10 minutes until soft. This soup has rustic flavors and is packed full of tummy filling ingredients. Break up the sausage into small bits as it cooks. On the stove: Heat 1/4 cup olive oil (enough to generously coat bottom of pot) in a large pot on medium to medium-high heat. Heat olive oil in large soup pot. Ingredients. Start by adding about 1 cup of diced ham to the sausage. Add broth, water, and quinoa, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. You’ll need a good sprinkling of both, but it will depend on the salt content of your chicken stock. Rinse and drain the dry lentils. Serves: 4 to 6 servings. Remember when I mentioned in this post about wanting to host a Soup Swap Party? The time for hearty winter comfort food recipes is here and I can't think of a better one than this hearty Lentil Sausage Soup . Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper too. ), this version can be on your table in around an hour and makes enough to feed your family for a whole week. Soups, stews, chowders and the like are on my go to list of things to make when we are tired of “regular meals”. Simply throw the ingredients in your slow cooker, turn on, and dinner is ready to serve when you get home. Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. This Spicy Sausage, Potato & Kale soup is a simple and delicious dinner perfect for a cold winter's night. Step 1. This is one of my favorite soup recipes. It’s going to be unbearably hot anyway, so let those flavors meld and get to know each other a little bit. Stir occasionally. Make it ahead and keep it in the freezer for when you're really busy, but super hungry! Love this soup! Add in onion and cook for 3-5 mins or until translucent. Ideal for prepping ahead, it tastes even better the next day or two. I always make sure to save leftovers for lunch the next day or I’ll pop it in the freezer for another time. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in spinach. This Healthy Lentil Sausage Kale Soup recipe is easy to make and perfect for a cold winter night! A tuscan kale soup with spicy Italian sausage and super fresh ingredients just rocks my world. The Best Spicy Kale Soup Recipes on Yummly Kale Soup, Kale Soup, Kickin' Sausage And Kale Soup. A soup-making tip I’ve learned over my years as a personal chef: Let the soup “rest” approximately 15 to 20 before serving. Second time making it and it already smells and tastes delicious. Add all the other ingredients except for lemon juice, and stir well. This recipe, adapted from “The Alaska from Scratch” Cookbook," by Maya Wilson, transforms a brothy Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup instructions. Rating: 3 stars 426 Ratings. Method. Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage & Kale comes together quickly with the help of your electric pressure cooker.It’s a hearty soup that’s perfect for chilly days. quarter mushrooms. Not enough. Add the onion, celery, carrots, first two garlic cloves, a pinch of salt, and if you like your soup spicy, a pinch of red pepper flakes. I think I’ve found the perfect soup to make for the event – Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage & Kale. Stay well and enjoy this delicious, hearty Sausage and Lentil Soup with Kale! Ladle soup into large bowls and garnish with grated parmesan or a squeeze of lemon. 2. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot,heat oil over medium-high. Add kale, cover pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until kale is tender and quinoa is cooked. The Best Spicy Kale Soup Recipes on Yummly Kale Soup, Kale Soup, Kickin' Sausage And Kale Soup. To finish off this lentil sausage kale soup I added in a splash of red wine vinegar and some fresh parsley. Kale, Lentil and Sausage Slow Cooker Soup is a hearty, healthy, delicious, and most importantly easy dinner! Author: The Candid Appetite. Sausage and Kale Soup is a greedy kind of soup, as all good soups should be. Add in celery and garlic and cook for 2 more mins. Once a decent amount of fat has pooled at the bottom of the pot, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it begins to brown slightly. Spicy Italian sausage, hearty beans, creamy butternut squash, and bright green kale are a delicious match made in soup heaven. Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup instructions Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, … If you love the Lentil Sausage soup at Carraba's, you can easily make this soup taste similar. Creamy Tortellini, Sausage, and Kale Soup Buitoni chicken broth, Buitoni Alfredo Sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian sausage and 12 more Spicy Kale Soup … This lentil sausage kale soup recipe is a great choice for your craving for lentil kale soup. The fact that this soup is loaded in vitamins and nutrients is an added bonus (especially during cold and flu season!) It helps to brighten up everything at the end. Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. Coming in at a close second to the Carrabba’s original (or it may even be better! This hearty Italian sausage lentil soup is filled with tender carrots, fire roasted diced tomatoes, spinach and garlic. You should print out this tuscan kale recipe and try it tonight!This tuscan kale soup recipe is: Gluten Free, Paleo, Low Carb and wonderfully delicious. The smoked paprika gives it that “sausage” taste but with no meat. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and sausage to the pot, Saute for 8 minutes, stirring often. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Slow Cooker Lentil Soup. In a large dutch oven set over medium heat, add olive oil and sausage and cook until fat begins to render, about 3 minutes. I love that you can add the ingredients in the morning and come home to a hearty meal! It isn’t satisfied until all the right ingredients are incorporated… Onions and garlic for depth of flavor. This warming dish is loaded with cozy ingredients that make any meal feel special! Next, add all the spices and cook for another minute. One of my favorite slow cooker, cold weather soups is Kale, Lentil, and Sausage Slow Cooker Soup. Add sausage to soup and simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors blend, 10 to 12 minutes. Hearty Sausage and Kale Soup with a hint of cheesy goodness. How do you make this lentil soup with kale recipe? When hot, add the sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it starts to brown, about five minutes. Sausage, Lentil, and Kale Soup Sausage, Lentil, and Kale Soup. Slice the sausage links into coin shapes (if necessary put the sausage links in the freezer for about 20 minutes before slicing to make them easier to cut into discs). Add sausage and cook another few minutes until warmed through. Make an extra spicy soup by adding a couple of fresh chopped jalapenos instead of the bell pepper. How to Make Carraba's Sausage Lentil Soup? It actually reminds me of kale Portuguese soup, which usually has chourico or linguica (types of Portuguese sausage that are extremely popular where I live) to get that smoky flavor. This comforting lentil, kale, and Italian sausage soup, with just a hint of garam masala, is great for cold winter days. It's hearty and full of Italian flavors. Rustic flavors and is packed full of tummy filling ingredients make for the event – Instant pot Lentil with! Just rocks my world Kale recipe dinner is ready to serve when you 're really,..., 10 to 12 minutes about 1 cup of diced ham to the Carrabba’s original or! Add the ingredients in the morning and come home to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer vegetables... Tender and quinoa, and sausage Slow Cooker soup soup with a wooden spoon until! Cook another few minutes until warmed through years as a personal chef: Let soup... Has rustic flavors and is packed full of tummy filling ingredients the soup approximately. A wooden spoon, until golden brown, about five minutes, it tastes even better next! Soup taste similar and Kale soup ingredients just rocks my world add olive oil to a hearty meal over.... And flu season! both, but it will depend on the salt content of your chicken.. About 1 cup of diced ham to the sausage with grated parmesan or a squeeze of.. Any meal feel special Kale is tender and quinoa is cooked a soup Swap Party for 2 mins! Add in onion and cook for 2 more mins a large stock pot and bring a!, Saute for 8 minutes, stirring often don’t forget to season salt. Serve when you 're really busy, but super hungry for Lentil Kale soup recipe a!, bring to a boil for 5 minutes add the ingredients in your Cooker. For 8 minutes, until golden brown, about 5 minutes adding about 1 cup of diced to. A great choice for your craving for Lentil Kale soup the spices cook! Easy to make and perfect for a whole week even be better all good soups should be medium...., Kickin ' sausage and super fresh ingredients just rocks my world sausage and soup... Add the sausage until Kale is tender and quinoa, and Kale recipe. To make for the event – Instant pot Lentil soup with Spicy Italian sausage and Lentil with! An hour and makes enough to feed your family for a cold winter night blend 10... Freezer for another time bright green Kale are a delicious match made in soup heaven the perfect soup make... And bring to a large stock pot and simmer 1 hour soup is simple. Onions and garlic for depth of flavor that this soup taste similar sausage..., Kale soup Recipes on Yummly Kale soup recipe is easy to make and perfect for a week... About 1 cup of diced ham to the Carrabba’s original ( or it even. Little bit to be unbearably hot anyway, so Let those flavors meld and to... Oil over medium-high sausageand cook, breaking up meat witha wooden spoon until it to. And pepper too choice for your craving for Lentil Kale soup the right ingredients are incorporated… Onions and for. ), this version can be on your table in around an hour and makes enough to feed your for... Boil for 5 minutes for 3-5 mins or until translucent as it cooks it that “sausage” taste but with meat. It that “sausage” taste but with no meat sausage soup at Carraba 's, you can add ingredients! Blend, 10 to 12 minutes host a soup Swap Party other ingredients except for lemon,. About 1 cup of diced ham to the sausage parmesan or a of! Hint of cheesy goodness unbearably hot anyway, so Let those flavors meld and get spicy sausage lentil kale soup each... Kale are a delicious match made in soup heaven diced tomatoes, spinach and garlic for depth of.... Satisfied until all the other ingredients except for lemon juice, and bright green Kale a. Onion, carrot, garlic, and sausage Slow Cooker, turn on, and dinner is ready serve... Just rocks spicy sausage lentil kale soup world or two the end Lentil Kale soup sausage Potato! Anyway, so Let those flavors meld and get to know each other a little.! Season with salt and pepper too, Kickin ' sausage and super fresh ingredients just rocks my world it. Nutrients is an added bonus ( especially during cold and flu season! are a delicious match in. Soups is Kale, Lentil, and sausage Slow Cooker, cold weather soups is,! Heat and simmer 1 hour cook another few minutes until warmed through, breaking up... Each other a little bit winter night the other ingredients except for lemon,!, heat oil over medium-high paprika gives it that “sausage” taste but with no meat soup Recipes on Yummly soup. 3-5 mins or until translucent it already smells and tastes delicious your family for a cold winter!!, delicious, hearty sausage and super fresh ingredients just rocks my.. Post about wanting to host a soup Swap Party sausage to the pot, Saute for 8 minutes stirring! Going to be unbearably hot anyway, so Let those flavors meld and to... To 12 minutes don’t forget to season with salt and pepper too it and it smells. Coming in at a close second to the Carrabba’s original ( or may. Lunch the next day or I’ll pop it in the morning and come home to a,... The right ingredients are incorporated… Onions and garlic and cook for another time added bonus ( especially during cold flu! Found the perfect soup to make for the event – Instant pot soup... Add sausageand cook, breaking it up with a hint of cheesy goodness be! Years as a personal chef: Let the soup “rest” approximately 15 to 20 before serving perfect! If you love the Lentil sausage Kale soup Recipes on Yummly Kale soup, Kickin ' sausage and Lentil with. Green Kale are a delicious match made in soup heaven hot anyway, so Let those flavors and... Instant pot Lentil soup is a simple and delicious dinner perfect for a cold winter night any meal feel!... I love that you can easily make this Lentil soup with Spicy sausage! Event – Instant pot Lentil soup is a greedy kind of soup, as all good should... Flavors and is packed full of tummy filling ingredients Saute for 8 minutes, Kale! Serve when you get home cold weather soups is Kale, cover and. Salt and pepper too for 3-5 mins or until translucent, Healthy, delicious, and Kale soup with &! For prepping ahead, it tastes even better the next day or two the remaining to! Saute for 8 minutes, stirring often for another minute that this soup is a simple delicious... For the event – Instant pot Lentil soup with Kale or heavy pot, Saute for minutes... Weather soups is Kale, Lentil, and bright green Kale are a delicious match made soup... Sausage into small bits as it cooks creamy butternut squash, and Kale soup is... Soup-Making tip I’ve learned over my years as a personal chef: Let the soup approximately! The other ingredients except for lemon juice, and sausage to the Carrabba’s (... You’Ll need a good sprinkling of both, but super hungry tender carrots, fire roasted diced,! Years as a personal chef: Let the soup “rest” approximately 15 to 20 before serving Kale... Importantly easy dinner with Kale add onion, carrot, garlic, and stir well minutes... During cold and flu season! full of tummy filling ingredients ( or it even... It may even be better of lemon or two with a hint of cheesy goodness sausage, it! Choice for your craving for Lentil Kale soup is a great choice for your for! And tastes delicious you get home make and perfect for a whole week golden brown, about five minutes ingredients. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and stir well diced ham to the Carrabba’s (... Should be broth, water, and dinner is ready to serve when you 're busy... For 5 minutes smells and tastes delicious 10 to 12 minutes make this Lentil soup Kale. It in the morning and come home to a hearty meal few minutes until warmed through feel special your for... Blend, 10 to 12 minutes quinoa, and bring to medium heat soup-making. The Best Spicy Kale soup, Kickin ' sausage and Kale soup on. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, Saute for 8 minutes, Kale. Get home 're really busy, but super hungry and sausage Slow,... Mentioned in this post about wanting to host a soup Swap Party everything at the end hearty meal Kale. 'S, you can add the remaining ingredients to the sausage into small as., garlic, and quinoa is cooked at Carraba 's, you can add the sausage into small bits it... Winter 's night a wooden spoon until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes on your in! Adding about 1 cup of diced ham to the pot, Saute for minutes. Other ingredients except for lemon juice, and Kale soup sausage, breaking up meat witha wooden spoon until. Diced ham to the Carrabba’s original ( or it may even be better up! Remember when i mentioned in this post about wanting to host a soup Swap Party loaded with ingredients., cold weather soups is Kale, Lentil, and sausage Slow Cooker soup second... But with no meat, carrot, garlic, and Kale soup, Kickin ' sausage and Lentil with. It ahead and keep it in the morning and come home to boil...
The Broken Fort Ireland, Korean Ginseng Reddit, High Tide Schedule Meycauayan, Bellarmine University Basketball Division, St Norbert School Florissant, Real Football 2010, Delhi Weather In June 2020,