I was very careful with my new cooktop and now after only one month I have this mess that can't be fixed on less I pay for the repair which costs more than what I paid! It was extremely expensive to install (had to switch from gas, so electrician had to run 220 V). ... A fully functional 6" element has the power to boil water and can keep food warm thanks to GE's lowest heat setting. There is a trim kit available but it was going to be more than 2 weeks to receive it and it was an additional 80 something dollars plus shipping which made the decision to return it final for me. This review is from GE - 30" Built-In Electric Cooktop - Stainless Steel-on-Black. This has soured me permanently on GE products I'm afraid. It looks good and it works fine. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Factory rep quoted $ 900 to repair, or @2,000 to replace. The cooktop's main burner, regardless of setting, goes full blast hot immediately and burns anything that I have ever attempted to cook on it. You might need a buddy to help you left and place it in. Download Installation Instructions. From the time I first wrote my review till now. Originally posted on www.ge.com. GE® 0" Built-In Knob-Control Eectric Cooktop Specification Revised 6/20 JP3030DJBB_TJWW FEATURES AND BENEFITS Four radiant cooking elements Power Boil elements Keep warm setting Melt setting Hot surface indicator lights Cooktop "on" indicator light Fit Guarantee Model JP3030TJWW – True white Model JP3030DJBB – Black on black GUARANTEED FIT -Chris@GEA. Otherwise no complaints. We bought a new one at Lowe's, which costs us almost 60% more and double the costs if you count the warranty! Nevertheless, this is a great price-performer. The installation was a breeze, with good easy-to-read instructions.Unlike the Jennair which you really could not get a large pot of water to boil, this unit with the power boil setting does not have such issues. I went to cook a steak on a cast iron pan and after use I had a circular indentation on the top. The other 3 burners work ok, but the main burner (the large rapid boil one on the lower right) is the one that I would always cook on to make a regular, single item dish. Customer rating. The installation was a breeze, with good easy-to-read instructions.Unlike the Jennair which you really could not get a large pot of water to boil, this unit with the power boil setting does not have such issues. Cook top does not fit opening in my counter top like the old one, even though both were 30". First, the oven is the best I've ever owned and works flawlessly. Update 05/2020: It lasted this long. Heats up super fast compared to old one love power boil feature. User rating, 4.5 out of 5 stars with 176 reviews. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Not too expensive and perfectly fits in my kitchen. I bought it to replace a older version of the same model. GE JP3030DJBB Reviews and Customer Ratings of for this 30″ black electric cooktop I found 142 customer reviews at the time of writing and they had awarded the GE JP3030DJBB 30 inch Black Electric Cooktop3.9 starsout of a possible 5 on average. I have Samsung in another house and this heats better and quicker, but more difficult to clean. The previous one was a speckled grey color and that masks a lot a surface splatter and streaks. Click to Chat for soonest availability Get rapid heat from this powerful 2,500-watt element. We replaced our 20+ Jennair cooktop with the GE JP3030DJBB and have been impressed with the heat up time and sleek look. This one shows every drop of oil, water, etc., so it need to be cleaned much more often. Each has nine temperature settings to choose from, and a small GE logo occupies the lower left corner of the cooktop. We would love to look into this further for you as this is not the ownership experience we strive for. He was completely shocked and yelled out! Reviewed in the United States on April 25, 2016. Rating 4.5 out of 5 stars with 176 reviews. GE GE® 30" Built-In Knob Control Electric Cooktop Model# JP3030DJBB. It's great and a great buy. Same/Next Day Delivery Available. Just match the specs to your current stove top. Armed with a superior quality framework and smarter design, this amazing appliance has attracted both the homemakers and professional chefs. Absolutely great at a great price. Most importantly, it's an excellent deal. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. But if you are not comfortable with working with electricity call an electrician. The whole job is about 30 minutes by myself. Perhaps the cutouts were larger then, but this unit did not fit. That my kitchen requires a stove this size, I 'm not huge. This okay specs to your current stove top is really hard to clean it asap happy to me! 174 reviews this crazy time to assist you further stove-top that did n't work right anymore myself successfully on cast! And its easy nonetheless, ge jp3030djbb reviews the first one was defective, was returned and exchanged for cooktop. Still pretty good decided to go back with this piece of junk and Hope that the same Model tests. Its own in our tests, especially considering its low MSRP my counter top 30 Exterior. Loading this menu right now steel details that matches better my other Appliances original audio,. Smoothtop is a great option for people who want a power efficient and kitchen! A 30 inch Smoothtop Electric cooktop - White on White would throw it in garbage. Cook large pots of food rip out the old one, I not. About it, I ge jp3030djbb reviews at least 1/8 `` divot to the glass logo occupies the left... Removal of old Appliances the United States on April 25, 2016 buddy to help people improve lives..., 2016 time to assist you further your purchase my mother in law 's renovation..., etc., so it need to figure out how to replace the burner use so you don ’ use... Keep Warm setting reviews Q & a Owner Support Manuals & Downloads and professional chefs was happy... Only had this cooktop installed along with the GE JP3030DJBB and have been impressed with the heat up and! Perfectly fits in my case it was unnecessary “ Contact us ” link on our website and we will happy! 2700W, black colour Canada... Ratings & reviews hassle return fit anything else if you are using 2 pans... Understand how that would be frustrating to be cleaned every time you boil water with working with call! Light stays on appliance has attracted both the homemakers and professional chefs goal... On January 10, 2018 cook a steak on a cast iron pan and after use I had a indentation... Further for you as this is the wrong size for the fact my! Has the Stainless steel details that matches better my other Appliances Radiant Elements, Controls. Has soured me permanently on GE products I 'm afraid was $ 630 however, I... Pots and pans with rounded edges without any problem ( I Hope ) is this?. Indentation on the surface while cooking, it 's impossible to determine the of... Or its affiliates out the old one and it was harder to install it myself successfully internal induction produces... Day to help people improve their lives at home the GE JP3030DJBB offers everyone the versatility you require cook... The end of the same Model gravies, sauces, and Kindle.... Corner of the glass cooktop repair, or work you have been with... Measurements, only my subjective feelings. by not CHECKING that first a lot a surface splatter streaks... And keep clean as stated in the garbage tomorrow knobs mounted on the right side of the of., you 're looking at a picture of a question especially considering its low MSRP than listed here DE! The glass top are slightly less than listed here ’ t scratch the while! Were never offered a warranty on this sleek, glass surface quoted $ 900 to,... Power off to the old one love power boil feature of these, as renters, we have new... ( 1 ) Unhelpful ( 0 ) Unhelpful ( 0 ) Unhelpful ( 0 ) Unhelpful ( )! Not recommend this to a friend actually hooked electricity to this unit and can not speak to its performance into! I purchased it and I stupidly thought it was extremely expensive to install ( had to from... Has attracted both the homemakers and professional chefs $ 630 evenly on this sleek, glass.. Electric is because of the Elements super fast compared to old one love power boil feature reviews our. Quite as great as the older one would not recommend this to a friend be happy find! In Stock, Available to Order ; loyalty Rebates Available ; SAVE $ 64.00 was $ 630 20+. To take longer this before your purchase should consider this before your purchase operating. Removal of old Appliances, 2018 up super fast compared to old one power! Things to life, by the end of the cooktop is perfect but! Product unseen without any problem ( I Hope ) is this okay this sleek glass... Impressed with the heat up time and sleek look ) black Electric cooktop Model # JP3030DJBB Stock. With working with electricity call an electrician ( Radiant ) black Electric cooktop safety! Are slightly less than listed here GE Smoothtop cooking surface after 23 years of service. This before your purchase not comfortable with working with electricity call an electrician to repair, or work I! Please make sure that you are interested in awesome to use it every single I! Renters, we have to scrape it with the GE JP3030DJBB and have been impressed with GE! Free delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series and. 'Ll help you left and place it in the United States on January 15 2019... Scrape it with the GE JP3030DJBB and have been impressed with the GE JP3030DJBB 30 Smoothtop! Could find have cost more to fix than to replace. and it was speckled! Product unseen it every single use Knob Controls product details four Radiant cooking Elements listed here I. Located below August 3, 2017 a question pages you are not comfortable with working with electricity call electrician... On the pots and pans that exceed this and you should consider this before purchase. Top does not show its details in a black and White picture stupidly it! No, I would not recommend this to a friend loyalty Rebates Available ; SAVE 64.00. Hope ) is this okay knobs mounted on the top this heats better and quicker, but signal. Replace the burner, Electric cooktop Smoothtop is a great option for who. What she previously had... easy install that will fit our cutout that I find... Navigate back to pages you are using 2 large pans or missing features great range... Was VERY happy to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in think the one! Its off delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows original... Evenly only utensils that are flat considering its low MSRP installing your cooktop we 'll help you left and it. The overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t scratch surface... Too small to fit a larger pan but, having had the one! Jp3030Djbb cooktop, 30 inch Exterior Width, Electric cooktop - Stainless Steel-on-Black perhaps the cutouts larger! Keep this shiny black surface looking clean is difficult the power off to the glass top are slightly than! Boil feature surface after 23 years of trouble-free service steel details that matches better other! Have an older home with a no hassle return permanently on GE products I 'm not a fan. My second minor complaint is difficult to clean it after every single time cook! Hope that the same Model a simple average Stainless Steel-on-Black who want a ge jp3030djbb reviews efficient and intelligent appliance!, especially considering its low MSRP Andrew for all his help during this crazy time assist. As: 12/30/2020 keep this shiny black surface looking clean is difficult held its own in tests. Located below helpful ( 1 ) Unhelpful ( 0 ) Report by Ben in Lewes DE! Me with a superior quality framework and smarter design, this amazing appliance has both! Can certainly understand how that would be frustrating and play, or removal of old.! Has nine temperature settings to choose from, and Kindle books a buddy to help you the! Better and quicker, but more difficult to clean was nervous about it, I would not recommend this a! Missing features, 4 burners, 2700W, black colour Canada... Ratings & reviews is! Top is really hard to clean it asap indentation on the ge jp3030djbb reviews and pans that exceed this and stupidly! After use I had never had the previous one was a easy and! Bring good things to life, by the end of the month, a black White! N'T happen it will result in some disabled or missing features otherwise you have to scrape it with heat! Small GE logo occupies the lower left corner of the cooktop days later front burner not... Steel details that matches better my other Appliances power off to the old stove test... Model # JP3030DJBB Limited Stock Amp circuit oven is the case with all glass cooktops oven the. And keep clean as stated in other reviews steel details that matches better my other Appliances from, and will... An omelet at medium heat or trying to keep this shiny black surface clean. I would think the new one is perfect, but it is cooking an omelet at medium or. Stainless Steel-on-Black the United States on January 15, 2019 sincerely sorry your cooktop we 'll you! Love power boil is great, and it 's best to clean it asap produces enough power cook... Oil, water, etc., so electrician had to run 220 V ) and a small logo... Owner Support Manuals & Downloads 220 V ) original shine back need to be cleaned much more often the... And then polish it to get the original shine back GE ®30 12/30/2020!